How to Record and Playback With Autoit

Ajays

Hi,

I am into GUI Automation.

Please let me know how i can record and playback GUI tests with Autoit.

I am testing a software, which opens and then some mouse movements, clicks and some texts are written on the GUI interface of the software.

I want to record this whole process and playback. Please let me know.

I tried to search a lot but i was unable to get the answers for my search.

Regards,

Ajay

The full version of Scite has a build in tool for this.

Remember playback does have its downsides. For more info see my presentation link in my sig.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

The full version of Scite has a build in tool for this.

Remember playback does have its downsides. For more info see my presentation link in my sig.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply. But i did not find which tool in autoit will be useful for record and playback.

Will you please let me know the name of tool and some guidance to use it.

Regards,

Ajay

I am using SciTE Version 1.77 Oct 23 2008, you can get this from the SciTE download section - http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.shtml. Looks like I have to upgrade >_<

Go to tools->AU3Recorder.

Press the Run button and it will start recording, then press the stop button, it will stop and the code will be placed in your last active site window.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]