Setting specific printer settings

So i'd like to change only one local setting of a network printer.

It is about Kyocera printers, which all have the same menus.

What i'm looking for is something like a windows COM Object or the WMIService.

The problem is, that i need to change printer settings programatically use an external program to print and undo the changes.

In fact i just need to switch the Duplex function on and off.

I googled a lot but didn't find anything really working, except some C++ classes(which i didn't test), maybe you got an idea.

it is probably not a good answer, but why don't you create a new printer on your printserver. In fact it is a copy of your kyocera, but only with the function duplex on.

this way users can easily decide if they want to print in duplex or not from every program.

it is probably not a good answer, but why don't you create a new printer on your printserver. In fact it is a copy of your kyocera, but only with the function duplex on.

this way users can easily decide if they want to print in duplex or not from every program.

This wouldn't make things much easier, people still would have to go into the printer menús and select the right printer. I'd like an easier solution. ATM i got a word macro button for Duplex printing and a button from a third party printer software for normal printing.

I'd use java for that, but i need to use the external program for printing.

So i need to change the printer default config. Not only tell the printer how to print a site (which would be easy to do with java).

Edited by aquaandi

• 2 weeks later...