Human machine interface

polps

Hello all,

I have to design a simple "man machine interface".

The requirement are the following:

1) I have an image (SVG or other format) where some electrical equipement are drawn.

2) The image is "application dependent"; in other term the layout of the image (equipement position and number) change depending on the single application

3) Over the image I have to add some buttons; these bottons call some AutoIt routines.

4) Depending on events, I have to change the equipement colors.

In other words i want the image to become like a GUI.

I'am assuming that this is possible whit AutoIt; I need just a little indication about the best way..

Thanks!

Can you post an example of the image?

Yes, of course I have an example of file but I'm not able to send..

When I try to attach the file in this replay the forum give me the following message: error you arent'permitted to upload this kind of file..

Edited by polps

Just as an idea, you may want to look at a different approach here.

IDEA:

1> Create a GUI where the entire GUI is covered by an Embedded IE object.

2> Convert the image to PNG, JPG, GIF or other standard web format.

3> Google "Image mapping html"

4> Write the code that produces the HTML

That will allow you to click on a given mapped area of the image which in return can be made to do what you want.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Ok, if I understand your idea you are suggesting me to abandon the "AutoIt based approach" and adopt a "web based approach". In this way I'm able to design a web page with buttons and "image map" like a GUI.

But in this way I have still a problem; I try to explain better.

On my image I have some electrical equipment. I receive the state of the equipment by tcp/ip from an external application. Depending on this state I have to change the color of the equipment (this is the first problem that I'm not able to solve). I have to add some button on the image (this is the second problem). And using buttons I have to send command via Tcp/IP (this is not a pro).

So, if I use a web based approach, is simple to design the GUI but is not simple (for me) to desing the 'communication part'; on the contrary if I use an AutoIt approach I'm able to manage the comunication part but I have still the problem related to the image control.