my rentacoder bid request notification

Cusem

Hey guys,

first off: I was hesitant to make this post since I do not intend on spamming my bid request and don't want to get flamed. It's just that I would much rather work with an AutoIT enthousiast as opposed to somebody who usually doesn't work with AutoIT, but desides to do so because of the bid request. And what better place to find AutoIT enthousiasts than the AutoIT forums? If this post would be considered inappropriate, my apologies and if I'm able to (I don't know if this forum would let me) I will delete this post after the first few flames.

I started on a project a couple of months ago and decided I'm going to need some help. I'm doing OK, but development is just about 35% done (after a few months of coding, yes) and I have never worked with the network and graphical AutoIT functions yet, so I'd much rather hire somebody to create the module that involves those functions, as opposed to making snail like progression myself.

Check out the rentacoder bid request for details on the project.

Secondly, I contacted a few forum members through PM already (with no succes though >_< ) and I am aware of the legal issues AutoIT was confronted with a couple of years ago involving a bot-like program. My project has nothing to do with botting whatsoever. I can assure you it is 100% legal, no other parties will disagree with it's usage and that involvement will not jeopardise your rep (unless you'll totally screw up your part of the coding ofcourse :( ).

Hope to get somebody interested!

I am thinking that if you have specific questions about how to do some things in AutoIt, you should ask them in the Support Forum. I have read your proposal on RentACoder. It looks like you should look at the networking stuff. You may want to determine a communication protocol for your messages and you could implement it using the Internet functions.

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Well, I'm actually looking for somebody to create the module for me.

As stated in the bid request, I think I'm able to develop the module myself. I don't have enough time however.

For instance, I had never used listview functions before either and looked into them while creating module 1. Everything worked out fine eventually, but it did took me a lot of effort to get things working. Like the GuiCtrlListView_SortItems function. I just couldn't get it to work and spent numerous days reading the forum, helpfile, looking at examples and testing out stuff, just to find out I had to use GuiCtrlGetHandle() (which I found in -of course- one of the last examples I studied). This causes quite a delay for a novice coder like myself, however somebody who has some more AutoIT knowledge is able to produce the same code in a couple of hours.

The functions I'm comfortable with (which I learned by reading the forum, helpfile and looking at examples), I'm not having any trouble with (obviously >_< ), however new functions (especially unventured areas of AutoIT) take some time to master.

I do understand that this is the way you learn, but I've got more than enough work to do on the project myself. Other aspects of the project also take up a lot of time (like writing this message, negotiating website creation, communication with graphics guy, administration, figuring out what taxes need to be payed, pushing my GF to learn some Sony Vegas stuff to create an intro video, etc. etc. (I am trying to handle this as profesionally as possible)). Next to this, I have a lot of sloppy things that need to be cleaned up. When it's finally ready, betatesting will most definitely present some interesting new problems, which will need to be solved.

On top of that, I'm in my last year of law-school and my "tuition" (don't really know how it's called in English, the money the government lends you to finish university) stops this january so I'll have to finish university next year (or live a lot less luxureous), so from september on I won't be able to put in the 8-10 hours of coding a day I did for the last months.

All and all, I think I'm better of hiring somebody to create module 3. This way I hope to be able to release around October 2009. If I would create and do everything myself I think it'll be january/febuary 2010 (best case scenario) and I guess university work will suffer a great deal.