Start script when you click shutdown button?

Is there a way to start a script when I click Start\Shutdown?

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Maybe this is what you need?

; terminate a script right [i]before[/i] a user shuts
; VicTT
; DllCall("Kernel32", "ubyte", "SetProcessShutdownParameters", "dword", 0x400, "dword", 0x000)

Global $WM_QUERYENDSESSION = 0x0011
Func InterceptShutdown($hWnd, $msg, $w, $l)
    MsgBox(0, "", "Shutting down")
EndFunc  ;==>InterceptShutdown
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_QUERYENDSESSION, "InterceptShutdown")
While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Nope, that just makes a msgbox AFTER I have shutdown, which means it is too late to have the script really do anything. I was wandering if there was a way to have a script run when you click the button that brings up the gui asking you to shutdown (I guess the first post was kind of deceiving since I asked to start a script after you clicked shutdown).

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

But if it takes too long won't the computer shutdown before its finished?