Is possible to run/compile a UTF-8 script?

Hi,

I've written a UTF-8 script and when I run it chars as 'é' are recoded to 'é'.

I've used the command line with '/unicode' option too with the same result, infact, recode the char 'é' from UTF-8 to ANSI or Unicode (using other editors) output 'é'.

So, ther's a way to run a UTF-8 script as UTF-8?

If there isn't, ther's a code like '\u00E9' (java way) to leave that char as is?

Thanks.

The help file (for Autoit > 3.2.4.0) has some info about unicode support. See: help file -> AutoIt -> Using AutoIt -> Unicode Support

HTH

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Did you save the file as UTF-8 format?

Yes, I've opened that file with notepad and the encode results as UTF-8.

The script is written by a java program that is compiled with UTF-8 parameters.

The help file (for Autoit > 3.2.4.0) has some info about unicode support. See: help file -> AutoIt -> Using AutoIt -> Unicode Support

HTH

I've seen that but it says...

The recommended Unicode format is UTF16 Little Endian - this is how strings are stored within AutoIt [...]

So nothing new. Autoit recode my script to Unicode before run/compile operations.

The only way seems to be the direct use of UTF-16 from java...

However, if somebody knows another way, will be appreciated.