Extracting controls from frame

Guest DgtHorse

Guest DgtHorse

I have an activex control in IE and the control i want to get info from is in a frame class name ThunderRT6Frame1. The control i want info from is a label control or textbox that is disabled. I cannot select it in the autoit info window but only the full frame.

Anyway to get the text i need out of this label?

• 8 months later...

I'd like to 'me too' this. I have an application with a load of ThunderRT6 frames (which I've looked up and appear to be related to VB6 controls). I want to get text from controls inside the frames. I realise that ControlGetText won't work. I'm thinking that this won't work either (since the control isn't a combobox). Can I do something similar though? Is there a way of finding out what commands a custom control will accept?

cheers

ben

I've had no need to look into this as I do my best to avoid ActiveX, but I believe you'll find that you should be able to interface with these controls by instantiating a COM Object connection to them with ObjGet().

I can't offer much more help other than suggesting that you look at the OLE/COM Object Viewer to help you dig in -- this is documented in the beta helpfile in Function Reference -> Obj/COM Reference.

Dale

I'd like to 'me too' this. I have an application with a load of ThunderRT6 frames (which I've looked up and appear to be related to VB6 controls). I want to get text from controls inside the frames. I realise that ControlGetText won't work. I'm thinking that this won't work either (since the control isn't a combobox). Can I do something similar though? Is there a way of finding out what commands a custom control will accept?

cheers

ben

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble