Modify

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#1058 closed Bug (Fixed)

Eventlog.au3 in Beta

Reported by: twillster Owned by: Jpm
Milestone: 3.3.1.2 Component: AutoIt
Version: 3.3.1.1 Severity: None
Keywords: eventlog beta description Cc:

Description

EventLog.au3 in Beta does not read the event log description correctly. It returns multiples of 0. Sometimes none, sometimes 1 or 2 and then occasionally more. I have tested between Beta and 3.3.0.0 and 3.3.0.0 seems to do okay with the description (though not always complete). Not sure where the problem is aside from that but I am pretty sure it's located somewhere in the DecodeDesc function.

I attached the code that I am seeing that reproduces it. It was some stuff from the forums that I found to test with.

Thanks,
Adam

Attachments (1)

events.au3 (1.5 KB) - added by twillster 10 years ago.
au3 to test description output

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

Changed 10 years ago by twillster

au3 to test description output

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by PsaltyDS

Confirmed issue with simplified reproducer (only show last 10 records):

#include <EventLog.au3>

Global $box = @ComputerName
Global $hEventLog = _EventLog__Open($box, "System")
Global $iCnt = _EventLog__Count($hEventLog)
Global $iOldest = _EventLog__Oldest($hEventLog)
Global $aEvent

ConsoleWrite(@LF & "; Show newest 10 records" & @LF)
$aEvent = _EventLog__Read($hEventLog, False, True, $iCnt + $iOldest - 11) ; Set pointer to desired record
For $i = $iCnt + $iOldest - 10 To $iCnt + $iOldest - 1
	$aEvent = _EventLog__Read($hEventLog, True)
	For $j = 0 To 14
		ConsoleWrite($i & ": [" & $j & "] = " & $aEvent[$j] & @CRLF)
	Next
Next

_EventLog__Close($hEventLog)

Missing fields in Beta (they are present in Prod) are: [10] Event Source, [11] Computer name, and [13] Description

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Jpm

  • Owner set to Valik
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by Jpm

  • Milestone set to 3.3.1.2
  • Owner changed from Valik to Jpm
  • Resolution set to Fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Fixed in version: 3.3.1.2

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by madmikep

AutoIt v3.3.4.0 Bug
Function _EventLogRead
The array 11 "Computer" does not return the computer name. It returns the Array 10 Soures. Note the missing letter "A" also
The array 12 “Username” does not return the complete line. It should be “NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM”

Helpfile example run.
Source ............: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler
Computer ..........: utomatic LiveUpdate Scheduler
Username ..........: NT AUTHORITY

Guidelines for posting comments:

  • You cannot re-open a ticket but you may still leave a comment if you have additional information to add.
  • In-depth discussions should take place on the forum.

For more information see the full version of the ticket guidelines here.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The owner will remain Jpm.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.