Modify

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#1200 closed Bug (Fixed)

_IEFormElementGetCollection example in helpfile

Reported by: Volly Owned by: Jpm
Milestone: 3.3.1.2 Component: Documentation
Version: 3.3.0.0 Severity: None
Keywords: Cc:

Description

For the command _IEFormElementGetCollection, the following example is given:

[code]
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate ("http://www.google.com")
$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($oIE, 0)
$oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection ($oForm, 1)
_IEFormElementSetValue ($oQuery, "AutoIt IE.au3")
_IEFormSubmit ($oForm)
[code]

I'm using IE6 for my work uses it. They won't upgrade and no amount of shaming, begging, or asking will change this. I'm stuck using it. Well, when I test the example, the script doesn't work as designed. It will put "AutoIt IE.au3" in the address bar. If I change $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection ($oForm, 1) to $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection ($oForm, 2), it works as expected.

Is this a problem of IE6 or a bug? If it is a bad example, then the example in _IEFormGetCollection would also need to be fixed.

This is in the Production version. I've looked in the 3.3.1.1 and I see the same examples listed.

Attachments (0)

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by Jpm

  • Milestone set to 3.3.1.2
  • Owner set to Jpm
  • Resolution set to Fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

Fixed in version: 3.3.1.2

Guidelines for posting comments:

  • You cannot re-open a ticket but you may still leave a comment if you have additional information to add.
  • In-depth discussions should take place on the forum.

For more information see the full version of the ticket guidelines here.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The owner will remain Jpm.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.