Modify

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#1248 closed Bug (Fixed)

_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText fails on certain control IDs. Very odd...

Reported by: Rob Saunders <therks@…> Owned by: Valik
Milestone: 3.3.1.5 Component: AutoIt
Version: 3.3.1.3 Severity: None
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Long story short: I have a GUI with several controls on it, one of which is an edit which has data intermittently written to it via _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText. After updating to 3.3.1.3 it seemed to stop receiving data and while debugging I discovered that it worked after adding or removing any control created before it, thus changing it's ID from 40. After a bit of testing it seems that it fails on several control IDs, and it appears the bug was introduced with version 3.3.1.2.
Testing IDs from 3 to 100 I found the following IDs failed to receive data: 20, 22, 24, 26, 40, 56, 60, 66, 68, 80, 84, 96, 98. And on a special note, ID 64 seemed to lock up AutoIt completely (during a DllCall to SendMessage as near as I can tell).

Here's the script I used to test:

#include <GUIEdit.au3>

Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1)

Func Test($Num)
	GUICreate('', 200, 200)

	For $i = 1 to $Num
		GUICtrlCreateDummy()
	Next

	$Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit('', 0, 0)

	_GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($Edit, 'Success')
	If GUICtrlRead($Edit) = 'Success' Then
		ConsoleWrite($Edit & ': Success.' & @CRLF)
	Else
		ConsoleWrite($Edit & ': Failed.' & @CRLF)
	EndIf

	GUIDelete()
EndFunc

Global $Skip
$Skip = True ; Comment out to test ID 64 as well.

For $i = 0 to 97
	If $Skip And $i = 61 Then
		ConsoleWrite('64: Skipping due to lockup.' & @CRLF)
		ContinueLoop
	EndIf
	Test($i)
Next

Attachments (0)

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by Jpm

  • Owner set to Jpm
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Jpm

  • Owner changed from Jpm to Valik

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by Rob Saunders <therks@…>

Oh, I feel I should mention that the UDFs were all from 3.3.1.3 when I tested. And also, _DebugBugReportEnv() returns the following:

AutoIt:3.3.1.4 (Os:WIN_XP/X86/Service Pack 2 Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 Cpu:X86)

Lastly, I just tested with the new beta (3.3.1.4) and got some new control IDs, so I went back and checked again with the previous versions and got the same, so I'm not sure if I messed up my first test somehow but either way the control IDs that fail for me now are: 20, 22, 24, 26, 46, 56, 60, 62, 66, 68, 80, 84, 96, 98, 100.
Hopefully I'm not being too verbose, if I am just let me know and I'll shut up.

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by Valik

  • Milestone set to 3.3.1.5
  • Resolution set to Fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Fixed by revision [5289] in version: 3.3.1.5

Guidelines for posting comments:

  • You cannot re-open a ticket but you may still leave a comment if you have additional information to add.
  • In-depth discussions should take place on the forum.

For more information see the full version of the ticket guidelines here.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The owner will remain Valik.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.