Modify

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#1337 closed Bug (No Bug)

Custom context (popup) menus not working on non-compiled script

Reported by: danielkza2@… Owned by:
Milestone: Component: AutoIt
Version: 3.3.0.0 Severity: None
Keywords: guictrlmenu context-menu udf Cc:

Description

Just found a very weird issue while testing some menus I intend to use (created with the custom functions, _GUICtrlMenu_*).

In version 3.3.0.0

If I run the script through Scite, right clicking the client area has no effect at all (no menu pops-up).
If I compile the script, then run it, it works alright.

In beta 3.3.1.5

Everything works as expected, compiler or not.

You can try to reproduce the issue by running any of the _GUICtrlMenu_* examples, e.g. _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup(), which I attached, in case it makes it easier for anyone.

I'm currently running Windows 7 RC1 x64. I'm not able to test on Vista or XP right now, but if needed I can do it tomorrow on my secondary computer.

Attachments (1)

_GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup.au3 (1.3 KB) - added by danielkza2@… 10 years ago.
_GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup Example

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

Changed 10 years ago by danielkza2@…

_GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup Example

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by danielkza2@…

Ups, small typo: read 'compiled' when you encounter 'compiler'.

PS: 1337 lol

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Valik

So you're reporting a bug in 3.3.0.0 released almost one year ago but you can't reproduce it in a newer beta released a month ago? And you didn't even test on the latest beta... where you would have found a real bug. Anyway, you do understand how the development process works, right? If it's fixed in a beta... you don't open a bug report to tell us it didn't work in a version previous to the beta.

I'm leaving this open only until I test on Windows 7 to make sure you didn't just invert your test versions or something.

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by Valik

  • Resolution set to No Bug
  • Status changed from new to closed

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by danielkza2@…

I tracked down the problem, and it's not Windows 7-only, it is actually x64-only: the menuitem structs were using 'int' instead of 'handle' or 'ptr', which obviously doesn't work.

I only reported this bug because I think others may run into it, and it'd be nice if it's documented somewhere (since it doesn't seem to be enough to warrant a maintenance release or something like that) that a whole UDF doesn't work in the stable version, since that's what most people actually use.

I understand you may not want to back-port the fix, but I had no way to know it: it's a common practice, specially when the next version is expected to take a while to be adopted due to major changes (e.g., Python 2 is still maintained because of the thousands of scripts that won't, nor should, be forcefully ported to Python 3).

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by Valik

If a bug is fixed in a newer version of AutoIt (beta or otherwise) then it's fixed as far as we are concerned. Unless it's "OMG super critical" then we don't back-port fixes. Users are always encouraged to use the latest stable version as their default version and to test the latest beta as much as possible (Hence the ability to do side-by-side installs). When new release are made users are expected to read the changelog and upgrade accordingly.

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by anonymous

I'll keep that in mind from now on :)

Thanks,
Daniel

Guidelines for posting comments:

  • You cannot re-open a ticket but you may still leave a comment if you have additional information to add.
  • In-depth discussions should take place on the forum.

For more information see the full version of the ticket guidelines here.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The ticket will remain with no owner.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.