Modify

Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#570 closed Bug (No Bug)

AutoIt problems handling filenames with two or more consecutive dollar signs

Reported by: sven-olof.gransten2@… Owned by:
Milestone: Component: AutoIt
Version: 3.2.12.0 Severity: None
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Ihave used functions FileGetLong and FileGetTime and both gives
error back if filename contains several consecutive dollar signs.
Example of filenames giving error: cbep$$bnk.txt

cbep$$$bnk.txt

Works for filenames: cbep$bnk.txt

cbep$bn$k.txt

The filename cbep$$bnk.txt comes from (via FTP) an UNISYS Clear Path
mainframe machine causing problems in my PC when trying to set the
correct modification time with an AutoIt script.

Attachments (1)

FilenameTest.au3 (1.7 KB) - added by anonymous 12 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by TicketCleanup

  • Severity changed from Blocking to None

Automatic ticket cleanup.

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by Jpm

I don't know where you find FileGetLong, but for FileGetTime("cbep$$bnk.txt") that's OK under my XP/Sp3 on a local file with 3.2.12.1

Can you describe your environment?

Please follow bug reporting directives (repro script, Os version, data ...)

comment:3 follow-up: Changed 12 years ago by sven-olof.gransten2@…

It seems that it has to do with the use of Opt("ExpandVarStrings", 1) function.
It seems that AutoIt is not differentiating between literals and variabelnames and
the actual contents of variabelnames. Literals and varaiabelnames is part of the
AutoIt language at compilation time and should be interpreted at compilation time. I have made a simpel script to show what I meen. AutoIt is intepreting the contents of variabels at runtime (looking for $ signs) when it shouldn't.
I am running Windows XP PRO SP3 (English version) and AutoIt 3.2.12.0.
I like AutoIt very much and wan't to be some help if I can!
See attachment for the script FilenameTest.au3. It creates 5 txt files with 2 lines in each.

Regards
S-O

Changed 12 years ago by anonymous

comment:4 in reply to: ↑ 3 Changed 12 years ago by Valik

  • Resolution set to No Bug
  • Status changed from new to closed

Replying to sven-olof.gransten2@tele2.se:

It seems that it has to do with the use of Opt("ExpandVarStrings", 1) function.
It seems that AutoIt is not differentiating between literals and variabelnames and
the actual contents of variabelnames. Literals and varaiabelnames is part of the
AutoIt language at compilation time and should be interpreted at compilation time. I have made a simpel script to show what I meen. AutoIt is intepreting the contents of variabels at runtime (looking for $ signs) when it shouldn't.
I am running Windows XP PRO SP3 (English version) and AutoIt 3.2.12.0.
I like AutoIt very much and wan't to be some help if I can!
See attachment for the script FilenameTest.au3. It creates 5 txt files with 2 lines in each.

Regards
S-O

A little more reading of the documentation and a little less making false assumptions about how the language works will go a long way towards remedying your issue which is not a bug.

Guidelines for posting comments:

  • You cannot re-open a ticket but you may still leave a comment if you have additional information to add.
  • In-depth discussions should take place on the forum.

For more information see the full version of the ticket guidelines here.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The ticket will remain with no owner.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.