There are many tutorials available for AutoIt. This page is an overview of a few known tutorials. More tutorials can possibly be found and will be added to this page in time.
These tutorials describe simple tasks and AutoIt syntax.
By Valuater, this tutorial is one of the most popular. Some key features are:
- Over 19 Interactive GUI's
- Over 50 Step-by-Step Scripts
- Verbal Instructions
- Complete with Demonstrations and Answers
- Exe Format for New People
This is the second page you will see when running AutoIt 1-2-3. It gives important links to necessary downloads and allows you to run demos that are supplied with the program.
Learning to script with AutoIt V3
This tutorial has example AU3 files contained in the text, printable exercise question/answer sheet and more. Originally by lxP and updated by BrettF, this is a great starting point for those who have never scripted before. For people who may have done other languages, this will also be a good back to basics tutorial.
Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt
An PDF book made by forum member Jfish.
These are almost 20 AutoIt video tutorials by 403forbidden. You can view all the tutorials at the link below. They start at a beginner level and work up from there.
Set of tutorials by TutsTeach
More complicated AutoIt commands and concepts
- Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (ADO)
- Arrays 101: All you need to know about them!
- Maps 101: All you need to know about them!
- DllCall - Tutorial on DllCall() & DllStructs.
- DllCall - Dll Tutorial (German language).
- Interrupting a running function
- Managing multiple GUIs
- Modal MsgBox styles
- Moving and resizing pop up GUIs
- Setting styles
- Unit Testing
- Variables - using Global, Local, Static and ByRef
Tips to make your coding easier
The AutoIt community is itself your best source for information, tutorials and assistance with the language. AutoIt boasts a very large community of both professional and hobbyist coders, all of whom volunteer their time to assist with scripting questions. See below for just a few of our different forums: