Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

8 people like this

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TheDcoder

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Awesome Book! Worth reading if you have 0 experience in programming! Keep up the good work jfish! :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
0uwe

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it,a'm just started with autoit,so a get al de information a can get.This a good beginning usefull i find. Thanks Jfish

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• Gorby7
      By Gorby7
      I have an Autoit-based client GUI that uses a single MS SQL Server database. I have no problem connecting to and executing queries against this database from my AutoIT code, with the below exception:
      One of the database's stored procedures I need to execute requires a parameter that is a table. I've set up the appropriate table_type on the database and everything works fine on the database itself when I execute the stored proc with a table variable for the parameter (no AutoIT involved). The problem is that I can't figure out how to pass a table parameter from AutoIT, assuming it's even possible. The code below shows the two methods I've tried, both methods return a RecordSet object that is at EOF.
      #include <Array.au3> Opt("MustDeclareVars", 0) $sDBSrv = "ITSQL01.domain.com" $sDBName = "INVDEV" $sADOName = "ADODB.Connection" $oSQLConn = ObjCreate($sADOName) $sConnStr = "Driver={SQL Server};Server=" & $sDBSrv & ";Database=" & $sDBName & ";Trusted_Connection=yes;" $oSQLConn.Open ($sConnStr) $rsoFacFriendly = $oSQLConn.Execute("SELECT TOP 5 FriendlyName FROM Facility") If Not $rsoFacFriendly.EOF Then $aFacFriendly = $rsoFacFriendly.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aFacFriendly) $rsoSPResults = $oSQLConn.Execute("EXEC spTableParameterPassTest " & $aFacFriendly) Select Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = False MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "not end of file") $aSPResults = $rsoSPResults.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aSPResults) Case IsObj($rsoSPResults) = 0 MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "rso isn't even an object") Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = True MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "At end of file") Case Else MsgBox(0, "sp exec1", "Something else happened") EndSelect $rsoSPResults = 0 $rsoSPResults = $oSQLConn.Execute("EXEC spTableParameterPassTest " & $rsoFacFriendly) Select Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = False MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "not end of file") $aSPResults = $rsoSPResults.GetRows() _ArrayDisplay($aSPResults) Case IsObj($rsoSPResults) = 0 MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "rso isn't even an object") Case $rsoSPResults.EOF = True MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "At end of file") Case Else MsgBox(0, "sp exec2", "Something else happened") EndSelect $rsoSPResults = 0 $rsoFacFriendly = 0 $oSQLConn.Close $oSQLConn = 0 Exit  
    • Swatcat
      By Swatcat
      Hi All,
      So I need Help.
      I am developing code to handle Authentication Popup For IE. The issue I am facing is that this code runs smoothly on unlock desktop but fails on VM machine and when machine is locked. So could you suggest what should I do to make it work. My automation Tool is a Selenium Based tool and is able to launch the script, but the AutoIT Script is unable to pass the username and password on the authentication popup.
      Below is the code.
      I am passing the values through Command line arguments.
      #include <Array.au3> Local $browser, $BAuthMode, $BWinAuthUserName, $BWinAuthPassword, $BChromeClaimsURL, $BChromePolicyURL, $BIEPolicyURL, $BIEClaimsURL; $browser = $CMDLine[1] $BAuthMode = $CMDLine[2] $BWinAuthUserName = $CMDLine[3] $BWinAuthPassword = $CMDLine[4] $BChromeClaimsURL = "" $BChromePolicyURL = "" $BIEURL = "" ;$BIEClaimsURL = "" If $browser = "chrome" And $BAuthMode = "m" Then If WinExists($BChromeClaimsURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromeClaimsURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") ElseIf WinExists($BChromePolicyURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromePolicyURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") EndIf ElseIf $browser = "ie" And $BAuthMode = "m" Then If WinExists($BIEPolicyURL,"") Then WinExists($BIEPolicyURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") ElseIf WinExists($BIEClaimsURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BIEClaimsURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send("{ESCAPE}") EndIf ElseIf $browser = "ie" And $BAuthMode = "w" Then WinWaitActive($BIEURL,"","20") if(WinExists($BIEURL)) Then Sleep(500) Send($BWinAuthUserName & "{TAB}") ; send username and press TAB Sleep(100) Send($BWinAuthPassword & "{ENTER}") ; send the password and press enter Sleep(100) EndIf ElseIf $browser = "chrome" And $BAuthMode = "w" Then If WinExists($BChromeClaimsURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromeClaimsURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send($BWinAuthUserName & "{TAB}") ; send username and press TAB Send($BWinAuthPassword & "{ENTER}") ; send the password and press enter ElseIf WinExists($BChromePolicyURL,"") Then WinWaitActive($BChromePolicyURL) ; set control to the window for proxy authentication Sleep(500) Send($BWinAuthUserName & "{TAB}") ; send username and press TAB Send($BWinAuthPassword & "{ENTER}") ; send the password and press enter EndIf EndIf WinSetState("[ACTIVE]", "", @SW_RESTORE) Sleep(500) WinSetState("[ACTIVE]", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)  

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I'm new to AutoIt and I'm having a good time exploring and enjoying the features of AutoIt.
      For one of my tasks, I've to open few particular mails from outlook based on subject of the mails and then print the mails. Can someone please guide me how to do it?
      My question could be very silly for experts. But I'm just a beginner. Kindly advice.
      Thanks and regards,
      Gowrisankar R.
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      I have a
      Global $aResult[0][2] For $i = 0 to UBound($aNames) -1 Local $aUserInfo = _AD_GetObjectsInOU($aNames[$i],"","","displayName,distinguishedName") _ArrayDisplay($aUserInfo) _ArrayConcatenate($aResult, $aUserInfo, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aResult, 'AD ' & UBound($aResult)) Next I do receive empty info that's added to my array.
      How can I delete empty records?
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning
      I'd like to know if someone else here has already tried to use an AutoIt script which work on the same DB ( i.e. SQLite ) on different Computers.
      If yes, please answer here, because I'd like to develop it, and I don't know where to start ( i.e. , I don't know how the script would work if 2 or more users are writing/reading in the same moment... )  
      Thanks!