Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

7 people like this

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TheDcoder

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Awesome Book! Worth reading if you have 0 experience in programming! Keep up the good work jfish! :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
0uwe

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it,a'm just started with autoit,so a get al de information a can get.This a good beginning usefull i find. Thanks Jfish

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• ExiLeD4EveR
      By ExiLeD4EveR
      'm trying to make an autologin script for facebook which prompts u to enter an email and a password and then opens the browser and logs you with the info u entered but im having a problem with the text entered in the input box. What i basically want it to do is take what's written on the inputbox and replace it on the email form in the facebook site and the password. Don't mind the other buttons in the gui , i just wanted to focus on the facebook button first. Any help will be appreciated
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <IE.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\ExiLeD\desktop\coding\autoit\gui samples\simplegui.kxf $SimpleGUI = GUICreate("MultiProgram", 392, 122, -1, -1) GUISetIcon("C:\Users\ExiLeD\Desktop\Work\Smile\Icon Pack\EcranLcd.ico", -1) $Notepad = GUICtrlCreateButton("Notepad", 16, 24, 73, 25) GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0) $Calculator = GUICtrlCreateButton("Calculator", 112, 24, 73, 25) GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0) $ExitButoon = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 160, 72, 73, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0) $Lol = GUICtrlCreateButton("Lol Login", 208, 24, 73, 25) GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0) $Facebook = GUICtrlCreateButton("Facebook ", 304, 24, 73, 25) GUICtrlSetCursor (-1, 0) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Facebook ;= if Facebook is pressed it creates the email form $Face_Login = GUICreate("Facebook Login", 295, 88, -1, -1) GUISetIcon("C:\Users\ExiLeD\Downloads\Iconshock-Social-Media-Beakers-Facebook.ico", -1) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Email", 40, 24, 29, 17) $InputBox1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 72, 21, 148, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER)) $data1 = GUICtrlRead(-1) $Email_button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Done", 96, 56, 97, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Email_button ;= if Done from email form is pressed then delete the email form and open the password form GUIDelete($Face_Login) Sleep(200) $Face_Login2 = GUICreate("Facebook Login", 295, 88, -1, -1) GUISetIcon("C:\Users\ExiLeD\Downloads\Iconshock-Social-Media-Beakers-Facebook.ico", -1) $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password", 16, 24, 50, 17) $InputBox2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 72, 21, 148, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER)) $data2 = GUICtrlRead(-1) $Pass_button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Done", 96, 56, 97, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Pass_button ;= if Done from password form is pressed then it deletes the password form and , to add(open internet explorer on the facebook login page GUIDelete($Face_Login2) FB_SignIn() EndSwitch WEnd EndSwitch WEnd EndSwitch WEnd Func FB_SignIn() Global $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.facebook.com/") Local $username = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "email") Local $password = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "pass") Local $button = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "loginbutton") _IEFormElementSetValue($username, $data1) _IEFormElementSetValue($password, $data2) _IEAction($button, "click") EndFunc  
    • messilm10
      By messilm10
      how do i get the crash report of any application and any running script?????
    • ronaldo97
      By ronaldo97
      Hello How can I make the GUI is compatible with all screen sizes ??  
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 623, 445, 192, 124, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI,$WS_MAXIMIZE)) GUISetBkColor(0x1E1E1E) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Welcome Back !!", 424, 64, 161, 29) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 16, 400, 0, "Tahoma") GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x800000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd How do I make Gui interface compatible with all screen sizes ?? 800*600
      1024*768
      1280*1024
    • messilm10
      By messilm10
      respected sir,
      how could I calculate the time difference using auto IT function ?
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      Waxworks Code Wheel.
      Written in AutoIt with SDL.
      Source