Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

10 people like this

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TheDcoder

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Awesome Book! Worth reading if you have 0 experience in programming! Keep up the good work jfish! :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
0uwe

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it,a'm just started with autoit,so a get al de information a can get.This a good beginning usefull i find. Thanks Jfish

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• AdminC
      By AdminC
      #RequireAdmin
      #include <WinAPI.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <GDIPlus.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <WinAPIGdi.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <WinAPIDiag.au3>
      $Imglocation = @ScriptDir&"\Image\testimg.bmp"
      _GDIPlus_Startup()
      Local $Bitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile($Imglocation)
      Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($Bitmap)
      Local $imgSize = _WinAPI_GetBitmapDimension($hBitmap)
      Local $imgBits = DllStructCreate('dword[' & (DllStructGetData($imgSize, 'X') * DllStructGetData($imgSize, 'Y')) & ']')
      _WinAPI_GetBitmapBits($hBitmap, DllStructGetSize($imgBits), DllStructGetPtr($imgBits))
      _WinAPI_DisplayStruct($imgBits)
      MsgBox(0, "", DllStructGetData($imgBits, 1, 1))
      _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    • AdminC
      By AdminC
      #RequireAdmin
      #include <SendMessage.au3>
      #include <WinAPI.au3>
      #include <GDIPlus.au3>
      #include <WinAPIGdi.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      _GDIPlus_Startup()
      Local $imgBits = DllStructCreate('dword[' & ($imgSize.X * $imgSize.Y) & ']')
      _WinAPI_GetBitmapBits($hBitmap, DllStructGetSize($imgBits), DllStructGetPtr($imgBits))
      _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
      DllstructGetData can't get data color B, G, R value. Who's know that? teach me plz
    • AdminC
      By AdminC
      #RequireAdmin
      #include <SendMessage.au3>
      #include <WinAPI.au3>
      #include <GDIPlus.au3>
      #include <WinAPIGdi.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      _GDIPlus_Startup()
      Local $imgBits = DllStructCreate('dword[' & ($imgSize.X * $imgSize.Y) & ']')
      _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
      DllstructGetData can't get data color B, G, R value. Who's know that? teach me plz

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello. Im trying to make my scripts safe - unnable to decompile. I search for obfuscators and other security methods but the search has come to nothing.
      Then one guy gave that idea below. If I rightly understood this idea lets we talk about example program with this secutiy method.
      Program have two parts, first is only login gui and the second part is the main program Second part (main program) is uploaded on ftp server lets say that on http://xxx/autoit/main_program.au3 So we have the first gui with login, we put correctly login and pass and this is the moment when code from http://xxx/autoit/main_program.au3 will be downloaded and executed Finally main program will be appear This is the similiar way like new games are protected by cracking.
      I have few questions in this moment about this:
      Is something like that even possible to do with the autoit? First part of program (login gui) must have somewhere given that link to download the rest of code - http://xxx/autoit/main_program.au3 to make it execute. As we know this first part of program is easy able to hack and retrieve this web url http://xxx/autoit/main_program.au3 where located is main part of program. Is the way to encrypt or secure it? If only code will be stored in .php we know it cannot be previewed. So it could for example get code from .php file instead of .au3 I know that methods works in other languages (I dont know exactly how) thats becouse I only speculates, maybe something may looks different in these solution? Other way would be compiling second part of code on web server (there are available web autoit servers) maybe this way is possible? Tell me anything U know about this ideas and if its even possible to achieve.
      Thanks for ur any response, advice or thoughts

• dubd83
      By dubd83
      I am trying to click on a tab within an SWT_Window0. The problem is autoit can not see the tab's text and there is no controlid. I have tried using commands to obtain a handle and text with no luck. Any ideas on how to get control of this tab?