Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

10 people like this

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TheDcoder

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Awesome Book! Worth reading if you have 0 experience in programming! Keep up the good work jfish! :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
0uwe

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it,a'm just started with autoit,so a get al de information a can get.This a good beginning usefull i find. Thanks Jfish

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I want to create a loop which loops a code until for example f2 is pressed.
      So I tried something with _IsPressed but it doesn't work.
      Local $test = WinActivate("Notepad") Do Send("hi") Until _IsPressed("72", $test)  
      I don't know how I can do nothing when pressing f2 because it says "error: _IsPressed(): undefined function.".
      I did put 
      Send("hi") after Local $test = but it gives the same error.
      Does anyone know how to solve this problem? 
      Maybe I am wrong and I need to use a whole other Function.. I am new to AutoIT so I am sorry..

• JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I need a random string generator which creates 15 letters/numbers.
      How can I make that?
    • KB505
      By KB505
      Hello,

I'm starting a script in AutoIT to automize a task in a software. I need to click a several Controls. 
      I'm just starting to learn AutoIT, and discovered that we can use the Window Info tool (au3info) to identify controls precisely and targetting safely a specific button.
      However, when I try it, I realize that most of the controls in my toolbar have the same Control Info (No ID, same class, same instance, ...). The only thing that changes is the ControlClicks Coord but I don't think that it's interesting, I don't see the difference with the Mouse Coordinates. Besides, I was aiming to write a stable script that would work even if the button changes a little bit of place for example. 
      Should I use another tool that Window Info tool to detect this Controls ? Is there another way to identify a Control ? 
      Thank you in advance for your help

• lattey
      By lattey
      I have a system that need to operates at Windows NT environment. So, i am using old version autoit - ver 3.2.12.1, since only old version that compatible with windows NT. But i face some error which i couldn't figure out why it is happen. The error only happen after running the system few times. i suspected it is may due to i am using old version autoit but i am not
      sure about it. 
      Errors that I faced:
       Send command send wrong keys - after few times, autoit will send wrong keys. The autoit will send Start keys. WinActivate("Program Selection") send ("{UP}") ;loop start to delete test prog local $j = 0 Do send ("{DOWN}") Sleep (200) ControlClick("Program Selection", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]") Sleep (500) $j = $j + 1 until $j = 10 The button not appear - after running few times, the button suddenly not appear SplashTextOn("", "successfully Load. ", 300, 120, (@DesktopWidth - 330) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 339) / 2, 0, "", 16) Sleep(10000) SplashOff() GUISetFont(7, 400, "Tahoma") ; will display underlined characters $CmdPrint = GUICtrlCreateButton("PRINT",6,420,295,30,$BS_MULTILINE) there also few error that happens after few times running which doesnt not capture. is this maybe because i am using the old version of autoit? How can i proved all this error happen may not because of my code?