Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

8 people like this

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TheDcoder

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Awesome Book! Worth reading if you have 0 experience in programming! Keep up the good work jfish! :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
0uwe

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it,a'm just started with autoit,so a get al de information a can get.This a good beginning usefull i find. Thanks Jfish

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      I hope my title is good enough.
      I'm using the ADO UDF and I have question regarding editing SQL records with this UDF.
      The owner of the UDF suggested an idea, but maybe there is another trix.
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      I have a SQL db. I would like to view the content in a control. Like a table. The control should have the option to show every 2nd line in another color. When you pick a "cell" it should pick the whole row. When you dobbelt click on the row another windows should popup with the content from the row.
      What view control can do that?
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      How do I access a sql database for inserting and reading?
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      I'm trying to get some info from dell.com page. I use a servicetag to find the computer. From the computerinfo I would like to get the "Shipping Date", but the date is on the next "cell".
      I have done this and I don't know if this is correct aproach, but I do get some info out.
      I just don't know how to "jump" to the next cell.

#include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.dell.com/support/home/dk/da/dkbsdt1/product-support/servicetag/gnn5f12/configuration") Local $oTds = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td") Local $sTxt = "" For $oTd In $oTds $sTxt &= $oTd.innertext & @CRLF Next MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Form Input Type", " Types :" & @CRLF & $sTxt) _IEQuit($oIE) I have seen something like this in VBscript
      Cell.NextSibling.NextSibling.innertext Is there someone who could help me.

• srini
      By srini
      I am trying to automate the windows GUI application, in the main window of this application i have one gridview control in it, and when you click on the any row of the gridview separate windows will be opened based on the selection of the row. 
      we have our existing framework implemented using the core java,  i have used AutoITX4java.jar file to automate the above application. and controlCommandListView options used to click on grid view row item. nothing is working. 
      my question is AutoIT can be used/called directly from java file??? instead of using the AutoITX4java.jar file???
      AutoIT supports GridView automation??? like gridview count and gridivew row item click event automation ect...????
      Any help would be really appricate!!
      Thanks
      Srini
      srini20483@gmail.com