Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

10 people like this

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TheDcoder

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Awesome Book! Worth reading if you have 0 experience in programming! Keep up the good work jfish! :thumbsup:

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
0uwe

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it,a'm just started with autoit,so a get al de information a can get.This a good beginning usefull i find. Thanks Jfish

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• JSmith312
      By JSmith312
      Hello Everyone! 
      I'm attempting to create a checklist app that performs other functions. For performance, I would like to check the box, then have the button to the right enabled. After that button is pressed, the second checkbox is enabled, and ready to be checked, allowing the second button to be pressed. After the second button is pressed, the completion/exit button is enabled/shown. I have my code that currently creates the GUI, creates the checkbox, but when you check it it enables the button and the next checkbox. Can't seem to figure out a Case for GUISetOnEvent. Any assistance would be appreciated!
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ; Below is the GUI interface _DeploymentProcess() Func _DeploymentProcess() $aStep1 = GUICreate("Deployment Process", 475, 345, 500, 175) $CBcStep1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("1. Step 01.", 15, 25, 300, 25) $BTNS1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Email 01", 365, 25, 90, 20) $CBcStep2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("2. Step 02.", 15, 50, 300, 25) $BTNS2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Email 02", 365, 50, 90, 20) GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep2, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($BTNS1, $GUI_DISABLE) $CBcStep3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Hurray! You're Complete!", 85, 276, 300, 60) GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep3, $GUI_SHOW) ; Below are the button and checkbox enables/disables. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($aStep1) Return ; Step 1 Case $CBcStep1 If GUICtrlRead($CBcStep1) = $GUI_CHECKED Then GUICtrlSetState($BTNS1, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep2, $GUI_ENABLE) Else GUICtrlSetState($BTNS1, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep2, $GUI_DISABLE) EndIf ; Step 2 Case $CBcStep2 If GUICtrlRead($CBcStep2) = $GUI_CHECKED Then GUICtrlSetState($BTNS2, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep3, $GUI_ENABLE) Else GUICtrlSetState($BTNS2, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep3, $GUI_DISABLE) EndIf Case $CBcStep3 If GUICtrlRead($CBcStep2) = $GUI_CHECKED Then GUICtrlSetState($BTNS10, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep3, $GUI_SHOW) Else GUICtrlSetState($CBcStep3, $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE) EndIf Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $CBcStep3 #comments-end Exit EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc  
    • Ignacio
      By Ignacio
      Hello, and good day
      Im trying to make a sentence autocompleter so that when you type certain words (or commands) the scripts, and im in need of help/pointers
      That is what i have at the time and the issues i have currently is that:
      - I cant find an easy way to reset the counter to 0 in case a different letter from those are pressed ( tried NOT _ispressed but i think i got it wrong)
      -Is there another way to detect the key press that _ispressed? (i couldnt find it so far), since i feel like it is too clunky ( although maybe that is just me and my way to code)
      - for some reason the hex code (6F) for the / (divide nume pad) isnt working for me

Im thinking of making a text file with some words to use them as variables/comparations  (so that at least removes the need of a variable for the words in the script) and make the script make a temporal text file to save the input and then compare it with the other one. But i dont know if that is a good approach.
      Thanks for your time and patience.
    • RoundChecker
      By RoundChecker
      Hi everyone,

Is there a way to determine whether the script that is running, is already running, without using;

If WinExists ?

Or is there a way to use "If WinExists" to determine the script itself?

The reason I am asking this is because if I want someone to run the .Exe I have and they rename it to whatever they want, how could I then determine in the script to check if there's already an .Exe open, or the script itself is already open?

Should I use Class, or how do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
    • svenjatzu
      By svenjatzu
      Id like to build a little helpertool for my boss in office but i dont know how to sart it.
      thats no complicated task. im working for an insurancecenter and have to search the customers in different orders and different tags.
      due to my boss is old and not really commen with pc he saves the customers without system.
      eg, customer andreas statham got an insurenca for his car then i got to search for
      andreas statham car, andreas car statham, car andreas statham, statham andreas car, statham car andreas, car statham andreass etc to find all the files from this customer in the harddrive.
      some customers also are fmiliarnamed in one file like andreas statam and monika rog are married an both got a carinsurance then i got to earch for
      andreas statham monika rog car, andreas statham monika car rog,.... this can take real long to find the right customer if i do it from hand.
      how can i realise this someone in here got an excamlple script or has any sugestion?

• X_xkijux_x
      By X_xkijux_x
      Ok so im using this program. clarify for school. I would like to have a program that takes every word i type in microsoft word and searches on it in claryfi. is this possible. I would like to have the program not stopping me from typing more after that word. Like when i type a word it auto search it on clarify without making me stop typing and if i want to change i can do that and if im fine that word i can just keep typing and it will search after the next word.