Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

TheDcoder

Report ·

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Awesome Book! Worth reading if you have 0 experience in programming! Keep up the good work jfish! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Share this review

Link to review
0uwe

Report ·

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like it,a'm just started with autoit,so a get al de information a can get.This a good beginning usefull i find. Thanks Jfish

• Like 1

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• DynamicRookie
      By DynamicRookie
      Hey There!

So, what i need to do is an app that can read text in a image (I.e. a png that has text saying "This is a png" and return the text to a variable)
      I'm pretty much a newbie on AutoIt, my purpose is doing that but i don't know any function that can

Any help is much appreciated
    • santoshM
      By santoshM
      How can i exit from a procedure in auto
      Func test() if x=o then     return endif endFunc  
    • Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      Hi
      Small question.
      I trying to find all index in an array with value higher than 7.
      How can that be possible?
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      Could someone help me create or give an idea of how to do a incrementing for loop that would do this: https://i.imgur.com/YFUt47H.gifv
      I'm having a hard time figuring it out :S
    • msd1994
      By msd1994
      I have a script that just adds some keyboard shortcuts for things like displaying the current song and artist, moving the window to the side so it won't pop up in my way, and play/pause, next song, previous song (these are the only 3 to still work since they don't need the window handle.)
      In some update recently, Spotify's window class swapped from "[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]" to "[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_0]". Using the new class in my controls doesn't seem to work, I've tried getting the window handle from the process handle (_GetHwndFromPID($PID)) but that seems to fail as well.
      Does anybody have some idea of a way I could get this script working again?

edit: seems like discord has the same window class name, so could be some issue with this? Still not sure of a way to solve the issue though, I added a function to get the handle of the active window and can just use that now, but it was able to find it on its own before on spotify startup or script startup which would be preferred.

Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.