Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt 1.2

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use free tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

Full discussion about the file can be found here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174205-introductory-learn-to-program-text-using-au3/

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

*UPDATED VERSION* Gutted images to reflect use of MsgBox constants instead of empty string.  Incorporated numerous edits from forum members.  Added appendix containing all code samples.

I wrote an introductory text for new programmers to learn how to code using AutoIt.   It follows along with the help file for the most part – but provides additional context and attempts to connect all the information in a cohesive way for someone without any programming experience.  I find the help file to be an AMAZING resource and the text I wrote in no way reflects any opinion to the contrary.  Rather, it was created from the perspective of someone who struggled early on with the most basic concepts and thought that a hand-holding guide could be useful.  I was also inspired by code.org who is trying to encourage people to learn to code.  I thought – what better way than to use frees tools that you can download at any time with access to an amazing community?  If only there was a guide to walk people through it …

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you, YES... the description:

"It turns out that all I needed was the basics fed to me in a digestible way to start me on the path of being able to write my first program.
If you are like I was – someone who has the desire and has poked around a lot with various sources of information but never really made the connection to the material that allows you to succeed – then this book is for you."

is right on target!

Thank you.