Firewall Log Analyser XP

ptrex

FYI

http://www.portsdb.org/

11-Jan-2006

The Internet Ports Database, PortsDB.org is currently undergoing

significant maintenance. We apologise to everyone for being unavailable,

and expect a full service to be restored soon.

Until then, please be patient.

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i get this error

C:\Documents and Settings\mike\Desktop\New AutoIt v3 Script.au3 (219) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.: 
$avArray[$a]=$string[$a] 
$avArray[$a]=^ ERROR

what doe this script do exactly ...

and i have a question are there any portForward.au3 scripts out there

• 4 months later...

Can someone explain what this line is doing?

$aArray = StringSplit(FileRead($file,FileGetSize($filename)),@LF)

To break it down FileGetSize($filename) returns some number-----------------------;155 as an example so it's 155 bytes

FileRead(name of file, 155)-----------------------; so this would read in how many characters? File read ignores white spaces right?

Stringsplit(whatever 155 bytes produces, split at the end of the line)-----------------------; I need a drink. I think it's the FileGeSize that is throwing me.

This is a great program and have been learning a ton from it. It uses a lot of features that autoit provides. From a newb this would be one to add to the manual IMO. Right now though I need some advil :rolleyes: Thanks.

Edited by notta

@notta

Indead you broke it down well !!

Using those three combined functions is a clever way of telling it what file to read, how long and break it down at each LINEFEED.

I could have done it more explicit but than the routine would have been longer.

I like to see that you are lurning a lot from this exâmple.

To be honist this was my very first real program written in AU3.

(I was a AU3 noob at the time myself, not that I improved a lot since then :rolleyes: )

Enjoy !!

ptrex

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, service pack 3. I changed the location to my desktop (you can change where the firewall log can be written to). I edited the source code and got it up and running no probs. Looks good and works fast but I didn't like the embedded IE because I have it disabled on my computer (Firefox user). If I ever get some time, I'd like to write a log analyser like you've done and add a few things. A suggestion for yours though, have you thought about adding a locate pfirewall.log dialog box?

@PartyPooper

I'm not so much in favour of Firefox, since it is as leak as can be (security wise).

- Memory corruption vulnerabilities (2008-01). Firefox suffers from several unspecified crash bugs,

- Web browser history and forward navigation stealing vulnerability (2008-06). Firefox suffers from an unspecified vulnerability involving the way it handles images

- Directory Traversal vulnerability involving Firefox extensions (2008-05).

- Firefox doesn't properly handle unescaped characters when processing extensions packaged in a particular way.

- The remaining vulnerabilities include privilege escalation, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), information disclosure, and many others.

But anyhow this is your decision of cource.

Regarding the location of the Pfirewall.log I could add it but then again I need to add it last path somewhere in an INI or REG file.

And I like to keep this application to run standalone, not depending on an other files.

But it is easy for anyone else to add it if they want.

Regards

ptrex