This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Existing GUI Data

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BSBAL18

BSBAL18

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have one question that is basic that i cannot seem to find ANYWHERE around the forum. If i have an existing GUI (say some normal application is running). I can get information on the GUI, move it, resize it, etc etc. However, the one thing i am trying to do is to read the GUI's textbox/buttonText/combo box details. How would I go about doing this? Basically just gathering information from WITHIN the GUI itself, beyond the amatuer 'GetWinText' and other 'Get's. My main concern is reading a ever-changing combobox and being able to 'check' the items i want, which can appear in random order. ANy direction would be appreciated, even if its just 'look at the topic <x> in the help file'.

i use this simple code... and it doesnt seem to get the GUI data..

Plain Text         
[/i] [i]Public Sub ProcessEntries() Dim oAutoIt As New AutoItX3 Dim curText As String Dim curTitle As String Dim curData As String oAutoIt.Sleep 4000 'This works just fine curTitle = oAutoIt.WinGetTitle("[active]") curText = oAutoIt.WinGetText("[active]") 'This doesnt work at all (either using the ID in a string, or as a nonString, the ID was given to me by WinInfo curData = oAutoIt.ControlGetText(curTitle, curText, "93697896") err = oAutoIt.Error 'In the above test.... ' curData returns "" ' Err returns... 1 ' Description: "" ' HelpContext: 0 ' HelpFile: "" ' LastDllError: 0 ' Number: 1 ' Source: "" Stop 'used for watching the vars End Sub

More info here; they had me move the thread.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/135432-existing-gui-data/

Edited by BSBAL18, 12 December 2011 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users