This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

AutoIt Portable / Get scripting in hard mode with HiEditor!

HiEditor AutoIt Portable Hard Mode

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainClucks

CaptainClucks

Unum Cavillator Spuria

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

Think you're a bad enough dude to get scripting in "Hard Mode" with a slightly buggy syntax highlighting feature, no function auto completion, no nifty F1 hotkey that takes you to a functions refrence and no error message double clicking that takes you to the error location?

If you fancy the above, then congratulations! this is the portable AutoIt setup for you... If you don't like what you hear, then this or option would be a better one for you. But if you feel the need to test your skill, ability and ingenuity and all while throwing the minor syntax highlighting bugs to the wind, then read on ahead!

Spoiler

Features Include
  • Compile
  • Build
  • Run/go
  • Tidy Program
  • Au3Check
  • Au3Info
  • Koda
  • CodeWizard
  • Customized AutoIt3Wrapper*
  • No function Auto Completion
  • Random buggy syntax highlighting

Spoiler

The HiEditor application was created in ASM and is about 103kb in size and is designed for programming in assembly code.

I've created the syntax highlighting section for the AutoIt scripting language that will only highlight native functions for now.
One problem persists though, I cannot figure out a way to disable the "" character from acting as an escape character in strings which effects only the syntax highlighting as I mentioned above.

Here is an example of this bug caught in action.

Posted Image

This editor does not have a console box area like SciTE, rendering you with no built in debugging features, so this is the part where I talk about the custom AutoIt3Wrapper.

I've made a few modifications to the AutoIt3Wrapper script that will make life a little easier in portable mode (for this setup), every time you run a script, a pseudo console box will appear with a 1337 skiddy haxxor look showing you everything you would have seen in SciTE, but unlike in SciTE, you cannot interact with it. there is no jumping to errors on double clicks, there is no console functionality (I.E., running commands) and no pretty colors.

Spoiler

The AutoIt3Wrapper I've modified is suited for this setup and should allow the setup to run from any directory location free from any registry keys. No files should be created, modified or stored anywhere outside the setup.

Might not work on 64bit operating systems, I have not tested it on one yet so I wouldn't know...

Attached File  Download.html   5.38KB   185 downloads - 93 Previous Downloads

Spoiler

Edited by ApudAngelorum, 05 July 2012 - 12:00 AM.

• Manadar likes this
Spoiler
Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

#2 Mikeman27294

Mikeman27294

Insert Member Title Here

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'm working on a similar program. I guess though you could say it's very loosely similar. This looks alright though. I hope you don't mind me downloading it to take a look at how you went about doing you one?
Spoiler

#3 rcmaehl

rcmaehl

No where near a noob nor a pro coder.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Challenge Accepted. I've been needing something like this to help me remember the functions better while still having Compiling and such.

Edited by rcmaehl, 07 March 2012 - 12:50 PM.

Making dumb decisions and posting without thinking since August 7, 2011. Jury-rigging AutoIt to work how I want successfully since a while.

Current Projects:

IRC UDF, for IRC activities

SafeExecute, for picking and choosing what commands you want Execute to be able to run.

#4 Melba23

Melba23

I'm old - what's your excuse?

• Moderators
  • 19,834 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Do you have Jon's permission to use the AutoIt logo as the main logo on your web page? At the moment that page very much gives the impression that your app is an official AutoIt product. If I were you I would either get clearance from Jon or change the logo PDQ. :oops:

M23
StringSize - Automatically size controls to fit text                                                               ExtMsgBox - A user customisable replacement for MsgBox
Toast - Small GUIs which pop out of the Systray                                                                Marquee - Scrolling tickertape GUIs
Scrollbars - Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command                                   GUIFrame - Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIExtender - Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI                                      NoFocusLines - Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
ChooseFileFolder - Single and multiple selections from specified path tree structure      Notify - Small notifications on the edge of the display
Date_Time_Convert - Easily convert date/time formats, including the language               GUIListViewEx - Insert, delete, move, drag, sort and edit ListView items

#5 CaptainClucks

CaptainClucks

Unum Cavillator Spuria

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm working on a similar program. I guess though you could say it's very loosely similar. This looks alright though. I hope you don't mind me downloading it to take a look at how you went about doing you one?

Nope, that's why it's posted here :bye:

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Do you have Jon's permission to use the AutoIt logo as the main logo on your web page? At the moment that page very much gives the impression that your app is an official AutoIt product. If I were you I would either get clearance from Jon or change the logo PDQ. :oops:

M23

Removed, when I was making it I never really had the intention of keeping the site up, it was actually just a project site for experimentation with web code etc after KaFu showed me about Uniserver, and after a while, I decided I liked it so much I wanted to keep it, but now that you point that out, I guess you're right. Since I never actually took the site down I guess I should remove those things.

Ps, also removed from the download.html

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE, 07 March 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Spoiler
Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

#6 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,834 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Thanks. :oops:

M23
StringSize - Automatically size controls to fit text                                                               ExtMsgBox - A user customisable replacement for MsgBox
Toast - Small GUIs which pop out of the Systray                                                                Marquee - Scrolling tickertape GUIs
Scrollbars - Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command                                   GUIFrame - Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIExtender - Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI                                      NoFocusLines - Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
ChooseFileFolder - Single and multiple selections from specified path tree structure      Notify - Small notifications on the edge of the display
Date_Time_Convert - Easily convert date/time formats, including the language               GUIListViewEx - Insert, delete, move, drag, sort and edit ListView items

#7 CaptainClucks

CaptainClucks

Unum Cavillator Spuria

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Also, does anyone know of a good monospace font (fixed width) that I can use in the console window?

This way when errors occur, the little line that points to the errors will point to the right location?

Func _Relocatable($Image)v ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Spoiler

#8 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,834 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Have you looked at Consolas? MS designed it as the replacement for Courier New. I think Jon was involved somewhere along the line - he pushes it at every opportunity! :oops:

M23

#9 CaptainClucks

CaptainClucks

Unum Cavillator Spuria

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE,

Have you looked at Consolas? MS designed it as the replacement for Courier New. I think Jon was involved somewhere along the line - he pushes it at every opportunity! :oops:

M23

Thanks for the info, the new version now uses the specified font.
Spoiler

#10 CaptainClucks

CaptainClucks

Unum Cavillator Spuria

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Updated the download, fixed a bug I created in autoit3wrapper where the error window was unresponsive or closed the console with it.
Also added highlighting for UDF functions that come with the autoit installation (I.E., _ArrayDisplay - _WinAPI_ etc...) and discovered that files were on occasion being created in the system temp directory by autoit3wrapper, fixed that by creating its own temp directory .

Edited by ApudAngelorum, 28 March 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users