Icon problem

poppe

Hi

I use the following line in my code:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=MyApp.ico

I used MS PAINT to create the icon. Saved as .BMP and renamed to .ICO (16x16 pixels, 24bit)

Windows displays the .ico file ok.

Can i use MS PAINT to create the icon?

The script compiles and builds ok, but the icon is not changed. How can i get it to change?

Hello poppe,

You can save any file with any extension, even creating your own extensions. However what the file contains is still the form that created it. If you take a .txt file and change the extension to .dll, your pc will show a dll icon to represent the file in explorer, however it cannot be run as a dll unless its coded as one. The file can still be read as a text file though. The same is for images, unless you convert the image with the proper technology, the image is still the same. So changing the extension to .ico does not convert your bitmap image to an icon. Try googling for software that will convert images into icons.

Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

Hello and thanks for the reply

I tried another actual .ico file, but it does not seem to update to my exe. The myapp.exe file still has the original autoit icon.

Is this windows related problem? Do i need restart windows or something whenever i change the icon file?

I have never had to restart windows to get the icon before. Are you absolutely sure the other icon you used is an icon?

Is the icon in the same directory folder as the .au3 file you are attempting to compile?

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=MyApp.ico ;<=== Icon should be located in same directory as .au3 file

*edit -

The icon does not necessarily have to be in the same directory... However your wrapper is instructed to look for it in the same directory as the .au3 file its instructed to compile.

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry.