Binary Clock

BigDaddyO

I have been looking for something to start me on the Graphics section of the GUI beta so when I saw the chat about Binary watches I thought that would be a good start for me.

I am not very good at binary so hopefully my logic is correct. Attached is the script file.

Also, I put in a 10 second wait time because if I went with no wait or 500 or 1000 there was some serious flicker happening. If anyone knows how to correct that please let me know.

Mike

edit: duh, instructions:

The first line of Dot's are for hours: 8, 4, 2, 1

The Second line of Dot's are for Minutes: 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1

Add up the number to get the current time. This does not provide military time and also does not provide am/pm, hmm, maybe I should convert it to military, nah..

link to the chat about watches i got the idea from Jon's post

Binary_Clock.au3

Edited by MikeOsdx

just add two circles at the end, and if @HOUR > 12 then light one, else the other...

Not bad...Tried cleaning it up a little bit...seems that I made a boo-boo. Someone want to take a look at this for me? :whistle:

Binary_Clock.au3

Edited by MSLx Fanboy

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

Ok, I modified MikeOsdx's script from above to include secs and switched all numbers

over to 8 bit binary. I have yet to try any gui with autoit and I thought this would be a

good start. Now, I only refresh the "bits" when the seconds change. If you run

the script you will notice for the first couple of seconds you see no flicker. But as

time goes on the flicker gets more and more noticeable, as though it takes longer to

refresh.

binClock.au3