Designing GUI Menu

I have written several small GUI scripts that I would like to now combine into one program.  I need some direction how to create a menu system that will display each scripts GUI separately but also remove the previous scripts GUI when selecting a different script.  I appreciate any assistance.  Thank You.

• Moderators

You appreciate assistance, we appreciate code :)

Help us help you by posting your code, please.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I looked at your code. The easiest way would be to create a new script with a menu that would simply execute one of the two compiled scripts. You can make the menu hide until the called executable is closed and then your menu would appear again. But this would have three executables, not one.

If you truly want to make it one script, that can be done. But it will require some re-write of code. I would suggest making each function as independent as possible. Don't use global variables. Pass the data to each function individually.

If you only want to combine these two scripts, I think a two tabbed interface would work. One tab would host the first script and the other host the second.

I do not mind rewriting the scripts into one but i need some assistance as i do not know how to go about it especially with the menu system.  I also need assistance getting rid of the global variables. I am still learning scripting so any examples would be great.  Thank you.

Edited by m1975michael

I do not mind rewriting the scripts into one but i need some assistance as i do not know how to go about it especially with the menu system.  I also need assistance getting rid of the global variables. I am still learning scripting so any examples would be great.  Thank you.

Is there a better way to write the script with out making those variables global?  i have tried but failed.