WinList Function

In the AutoItX I noticed that there is no WinList function to get all the windows. I was really hoping it would be there. Even if all it did was return the string titles and texts of the windows it would be nice. What I'm working on is a Text to Speech application and I was thinking of adding narration support for reading window text.

If anyone knows of a function I can link to to get the windows without AutoItX, that helps too.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how to make .NET ActiveX components. That looks like it was made for VB6. Thanks for trying though.

I too would love to have WinList working. It would be just for education in scripting in the WSH environment.

There is a way to obtain all Explorer/Internet Explorer windows, using "Shell.Application".

The headings are "Scriptable Shell Objects" and "Internet Explorer Object "at various spots in MSDN, but this does not obtain other open application windows.

In the AutoItX I noticed that there is no WinList function to get all the windows. I was really hoping it would be there. Even if all it did was return the string titles and texts of the windows it would be nice. What I'm working on is a Text to Speech application and I was thinking of adding narration support for reading window text.

If anyone knows of a function I can link to to get the windows without AutoItX, that helps too.

maybe this link is useful http://www.jsware.net/jsware/scripts.php3 look for jssys3.dll

Edited by PeterSwiss

um - vb6 activex will work in .Net

... and the way I said that - I sound like an idiot

Should have said - there is no such thing as vb6 ActiveX - there is com, and there is well, com+, but there is no distintion such as vb6 Activex - or any other specific language - if it has a com interface - it can use it.

use Wscript.shell Object then u teh windows method to enumerate all windows :lmao:

My WScript.Shell object does not have a Windows() method. Can you make an example and what is your OS? There is a Windows() method in the Shell.Application object, but it is for a list of Explorer and Internet Explorer (i.e. folder and browser windows). :P

Peter.