This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Non Active Window

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:15 PM

Hi all, I'm tring to write a small script and a window at the end of the install pops up but in inactive. How can I get that to press ok for the script to finish? But it doesn't pop up every time. Thanks for all your help. Please let me know if I need more information,.

#2 Gene

Gene

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:05 PM

Post your code, even if it doesn't work, it will show us where you are and more importantly where you want to go.

Gene
Thanks for the response.GeneYes, I know the punctuation is not right...

#3 GrahamS

GrahamS

Prodigy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:23 PM

The Adlib function can look out for the window pop-up (provided that it has a unique title). For example

AdlibEnable("myadlib") ;... Exit Func myadlib()     If WinActive("UniqueTitle") Then         Send("{ENTER}")     EndIf EndFunc

GrahamS

#4 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:19 AM

Thats my problem, I don't know what code to put in. This is what the script is doing

run, y:\\cicero\\cicero5.exe
winwaitactive, Level8 Cicero 5.0 Installer
sleep, 200
send, {enter}
winwaitactive, Unable to change Display Settings
send, {enter}
winwaitactive, Installation Completed
send, {enter}

The text in blue is what comes up as not active and needs to press ok on the box.

#5 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:39 PM

I just tried this and failed

run, c:\\cicero\\cicero5.exe
winwaitactive, Level8 Cicero 5.0 Installer
sleep, 200
send, {enter}
IfWinNotActive, <Unable to change Display Settings>, [<Setup was unable to change the system display setting to 1280x1024x24x75. This change will have to be done manually.>], <{enter}>
IfWinActive, <Unable to change Display Settings>, [<Setup was unable to change the system display setting to 1280x1024x24x75. This change will have to be done manually.>], <{enter}>
IfWinNotExist, <Unable to change Display Settings>, [<Setup was unable to change the system display setting to 1280x1024x24x75. This change will have to be done manually.>], <{enter}>
IfWinExist, <Unable to change Display Settings>, [<Setup was unable to change the system display setting to 1280x1024x24x75. This change will have to be done manually.>], <{enter}>
sleep, 200
winwaitactive, Installation Completed
send, {enter}

#6 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:05 PM

Larry Thanks for the response, unfortunatly the Unable to change Display Settings box has to go away before installation completed box comes up.

#7 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:22 PM

Just tried it, I stalled on the Unable to change Display Settings box. I had to make it active for the script to continue.

#8 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:11 PM

Hi Lar, I tried that one and still hangs at the Unable to change Display Settings box. But once I make that box active by clicking on its tool bar, it will go right on through. I actually used the reveal mode to get the text. I appreciate all your help.

#9 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:27 PM

The Adlib function can look out for the window pop-up (provided that it has a unique title). For example

AdlibEnable("myadlib") ;... Exit Func myadlib()     If WinActive("UniqueTitle") Then         Send("{ENTER}")     EndIf EndFunc

Thanks for the suggestion, but Im confused with it:-) Bare with me as I'm a new be with this. Thanks

#10 adamsj13

adamsj13

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:57 PM

:{ Thanks for tring, What should make the box active and be able to press ok?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users