Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3

Valuater

If the beta is installed but not found, there is probably an issue with the registry key indicating where the autoit folder is.

Try reinstalling the beta to get the keys right.

[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've run into several errors when trying to run the lessons. Is there a new version of the demo on the horizon?

Lesson #1 is not intended to "run". But the other lessons are. Did you have problems with lesson #2 through the end? If so, please note the actual error with the correlating lesson number.

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, maybe i'm doing something wrong. I've heard quite a few people i know that use Macro express mention Autoit so I thought I would download it. I am not very umm advanced with the whole programming but I am interested in learning I had already downloaded autoit before i saw this post I downloaded everything per the pop up step one but got an error. I tried to uninstall and redownload from left to right for step one and still receive this error.

Line 18 (File "C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.myworklol\Desktop\AutoIt_123\Lessons\Lesson-1.au3"):

If, And, Or, Then, Next, While, Wend.

If, And, Or, Then, Next, While, Wend^ERROR

Error: Missing seperator character after keyword.

Was there anywhere specific i needed to put AutoIt 1-2-3? I extracted everything to my desktop. I searched through forum a bit found a couple relative posts but nothing worked. Sorry if I missed something.

• 2 months later...

I am not sure of the problem. What EXACTLY did you run... Just the exe file?

What OS are you running?

I just downloaded the exe file and tested it, it worked fine for me.

8)

Yes I run "Autoit-123-Demo26.exe" in Windows 7 64bit and XP 32bit, the error is always the same.

Yes I run "Autoit-123-Demo26.exe" in Windows 7 64bit and XP 32bit, the error is always the same.

I just downloaded it to Win 7 32 bit and it is running fine. It was built on Xp home 32 bit.

Did you do the first three steps download Autoit, beta, and Scite?

or, can you get that far... does the first screen display?

Are you using drive "C"?

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I just downloaded it to Win 7 32 bit and it is running fine. It was built on Xp home 32 bit.

Did you do the first three steps download Autoit, beta, and Scite?

or, can you get that far... does the first screen display?

Are you using drive "C"?

8)

Found the problem! It is Avira antivirus !! I've disabled it and now it function correctly!

• 2 months later...

nice idea for a tutorial. i think i've found a bug in lesson-3.au3 though

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

on line 6, i think should be

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <AVIConstants.au3>
#include <TreeViewConstants.au3>