This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

_FileWriteToLine

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 cdkid

cdkid

El Spamino

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

Well, i've been wanting to write to a specific line for logging stuff w/o racking up a HUGE file so here is how i did it...
Plain Text         
;======================================== ;Function name:    _FileWriteToLine ;Description:        Write text to specified line in a file ;Parameters: ;                    $sFile - The file to write to ;                    $iLine - The line number to write to ;                    $sText - The text to write ;                    $fOverWrite - if set to 1 will overwrite the old line ;                    if set to 0 will not overwrite ;Requirement(s):      None ;Return Value(s):    On success - 1 ;                     On Failure - 0 And sets @ERROR ;                                 @ERROR = 1 - File has less lines than $iLine ;                               @ERROR = 2 - File does not exist ;                               @ERROR = 3 - Error opening file ;                               @ERROR = 4 - $iLine is invalid ;                               @ERROR = 5 - $fOverWrite is invalid ;                               @ERROR = 6 - $sText is invalid ;Author(s):           cdkid ;Note(s): ;========================================= Func _FileWriteToLine($sFile, $iLine, $sText, $fOverWrite = 0)     If $iLine <= 0 Then                                 SetError(4)         Return 0     EndIf     If Not IsString($sText) Then         SetError(6)         Return 0     EndIf     If $fOverWrite <> 0 And $fOverWrite <> 1 Then         SetError(5)                                 Return 0     EndIf     If Not FileExists($sFile) Then         SetError(2)         Return 0     EndIf     $filtxt = FileRead($sFile, FileGetSize($sFile))     $filtxt = StringSplit($filtxt, @CRLF, 1)     If UBound($filtxt, 1) < $iLine Then         SetError(1)         Return 0     EndIf     $fil = FileOpen($sFile, 2)     If $fil = -1 Then                                 SetError(3)         Return 0     EndIf     For $i = 1 To UBound($filtxt) - 1         If $i = $iLine Then                                                 if $fOverWrite = 1 then             if $sText <> '' Then             FileWrite($fil, $sText & @CRLF)         Else             filewrite($fil, $sText)         EndIf                                 EndIf             If $fOverWrite = 0 Then                 FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)             EndIf         ElseIf $i < UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then             FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)         ElseIf $i = UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then             FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i])         EndIf     Next     FileClose($fil)     Return 1 EndFunc;==>_FileWriteToLine

:o
~cdkid

EDIT
updated it so i THINK it works with all the things MHz mentioned... tell me if i'm wrong
/EDIT

EDIT2
updated again, and have sent it in for the UDF library
/EDIT2

EDIT3
updated it with the version that has been sent in for the UDF library
/EDIT3

EDIT4
updated so if $sText is "" and $fOverWrite is 1 deletes line rather than replacing it with ""
/EDIT4

Edited by cdkid, 21 February 2006 - 08:13 PM.

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

#2 big_daddy

big_daddy

• Moderators
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:52 PM

This will come in handy, nice work!

p.s. Where at in MO are you from?

#3 cdkid

cdkid

El Spamino

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

This will come in handy, nice work!

p.s. Where at in MO are you from?

oh and i live in Columbia, MO 1/2 ways between St Louis & Kansas City
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

#4 MHz

MHz

Just simple

• MVPs
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:11 AM

Nice, but If you check FileClose for @error, which FileClose does not support, so the Return value will always be 1. Another problem would be your StringSplit as @CRLF is 2 characters, so using the flag of 1 would split on the @CRLF only rather then @CR and @LF separately.
It should also be noted that this will not work with the current release of 3.1.1 as you use only 1 parameter on FileRead.
Just a few things above to tidy up on. :o

#5 cdkid

cdkid

El Spamino

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:56 AM

thanks for the reply MHz, i'll work on that :o

edit
mmmk worked on it i think i fixed everything :geek:
~cdkid

Edited by cdkid, 17 February 2006 - 04:30 AM.

#6 JOHNe

JOHNe

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:02 AM

Thankx just what I was looking for ...:o
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."

#7 das_mc

das_mc

Seeker

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:01 AM

Hi ,

I want to overwrite a special line in a file.
The line includes a special string.
When the script finds the string the script should overwrite the line with a new string
and I don't need any @errors and functions.
So I modified your first script for my purpose.
But I am not sure if that is a proper way to do this.

Here is the code:

$sFile              = "THE FILE"
$sText             = "THIS IS THE NEW TEXT"
$search           = 'Located the "string"'

$filtxt = FileRead($sFile, FileGetSize($sFile))
    $filtxt = StringSplit($filtxt,@CRLF,1)

$iLine = 0
    $temp = 0

for $i = 1 to $filtxt[0]
        $temp = StringInStr($filtxt[$i],$search)
           if  $temp <> 0 Then
           $iLine =  $i
           EndIf
    Next

$filtxt[$iLine] =  $sText

$fil = FileOpen($sFile,2)
    for $i = 1 to $filtxt[0]
        FileWrite($fil,$filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)
    Next

fileclose($fil)

#8 cdkid

cdkid

El Spamino

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

Hi ,

I want to overwrite a special line in a file.
The line includes a special string.
When the script finds the string the script should overwrite the line with a new string
and I don't need any @errors and functions.
So I modified your first script for my purpose.
But I am not sure if that is a proper way to do this.

Here is the code:

$sFile              = "THE FILE"
$sText             = "THIS IS THE NEW TEXT"
$search           = 'Located the "string"'

$filtxt = FileRead($sFile, FileGetSize($sFile))
    $filtxt = StringSplit($filtxt,@CRLF,1)

$iLine = 0
    $temp = 0

for $i = 1 to $filtxt[0]
        $temp = StringInStr($filtxt[$i],$search)
           if  $temp <> 0 Then
           $iLine =  $i
           EndIf
    Next

$filtxt[$iLine] =  $sText

$fil = FileOpen($sFile,2)
    for $i = 1 to $filtxt[0]
        FileWrite($fil,$filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)
    Next

fileclose($fil)

ok, i replied to your email with the code i would use. for anyone else interested, here it is
$myfile = "put your file name here" $file = FileRead($myfile, FileGetSize($myfile)) $file = StringSplit($file, @CRLF, 1) for $i = 0 to $file[0] Step 1       If StringInStr($file[$i], "put your search string here") Then            _FileWriteToLine($myfile, $i, "my replacement string", 1)       EndIf Next

remember to include the file with _FileWriteToLine in it :o

~cdkid

#9 randallc

randallc

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:17 AM

Hi,

i have updated with SQLite3.exe v 3.3.4 [SQL UDF link in signature]

As well, new function for writing to a file line (replacing) is added;
This solution allows;
1. Opening huge files (eg >80Mb) which fileread method won't do; [Edit; filread opens; I presume stringsplit or the array..?? have problem with large file/ large number replacements?].
2. Quicker than filereadline/ writeline if large file with many replacement lines.
3. Option of being even quicker; transform data to SQLite db3, then replaces 2-3 secs even in huge database
best, Randall

Edited by randallc, 20 February 2006 - 08:46 PM.

#10 Valuater

Valuater

www.PayFreeWireless.com

• MVPs
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

i am not positive... but pretty sure you need to set the error before your return

seterror()
return 0

8)

Posted Image

Clic The Pic!!!

#11 cdkid

cdkid

El Spamino

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Thanks, val... updating now

#12 sasdad

sasdad

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Hi,

I think that there is an error in _FileWriteToLine function.

I made a file c:\test.txt with 10 lines

_FileWriteToLine("c:\test.txt", 3, "my replacement for line 3", 1) works great
_FileWriteToLine("c:\test.txt", 3, "my insertion", 0) doesn't work

Can you please fix it?

Thank you

#13 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 22,933 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

Hi,

I think that there is an error in _FileWriteToLine function.

I made a file c:\test.txt with 10 lines

_FileWriteToLine("c:\test.txt", 3, "my replacement for line 3", 1) works great
_FileWriteToLine("c:\test.txt", 3, "my insertion", 0) doesn't work

Can you please fix it?

Thank you

You are right... the code should read in file.au3 line 360
If $fOverWrite = 0 Then                 FileWrite($fil, $sText & @CRLF)                 FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)             EndIf

Will fix for the next release....

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#14 sasdad

sasdad

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

You are right... the code should read in file.au3 line 360

If $fOverWrite = 0 Then                 FileWrite($fil, $sText & @CRLF)                 FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)             EndIf

Will fix for the next release....

After reading source I made the same change and It worked.
It was small mistake :)
But I will not use it, till updated official beta version.

I can use overwrite.

Edited by sasdad, 01 April 2006 - 09:36 PM.

#15 sasdad

sasdad

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

And also thank you for fast answer.

#16 cdkid

cdkid

El Spamino

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:47 PM

(cdkid here)

Sorry about that :mellow:

Edited by cdkid, 01 April 2006 - 11:48 PM.

#17 Denver

Denver

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

(*trying to write in an English board for the first time* ["Coucou" from France. ^^'] )
Hello, cdkid. -and everyone.^^

I used "_FileWrieToLine()" in my script to generate a text-file (if not existing), including (exactly !) the line that I've send in option.
List of stuff modified : (tell me if it's an incorrect way of scripting. ^^)
- If the file does not pre-exist, it simply creates it, and insert the line in option in it
- If the line to write is "greater than number of lines", then simply add enough (blank) lines, attempting to write to the line selected
- The "first line" of the text is now usable
- There is no more "blank line" added in the end of file

Now, the script modified :
Plain Text         
;======================================== ;Function name:    _FileWriteToLine ;Description:        Write text to specified line in a file ;Parameters: ;                    $sFile - The file to write to ;                    $iLine - The line number to write to ;                    $sText - The text to write ;                    $fOverWrite - if set to 1 will overwrite the old line ;                    if set to 0 will not overwrite ;Requirement(s):      None ;Return Value(s):    On success - 1 ;                    On Failure - 0 And sets @ERROR ; -No more-             @ERROR = 1 - File has less lines than $iLine ; -No more-             @ERROR = 2 - File does not exist ;                               @ERROR = 3 - Error opening file ;                               @ERROR = 4 - $iLine is invalid ;                               @ERROR = 5 - $fOverWrite is invalid ;                               @ERROR = 6 - $sText is invalid ;Author(s):        cdkid ;Note(s):          modified by Dinosaure ;========================================= Func _FileWriteToLine($sFile, $iLine, $sText, $fOverWrite = 0)     If $iLine <= 0 Then         SetError(4)          Return 0      EndIf      If Not IsString($sText)         SetError(6)          Return 0      EndIf      If $fOverWrite <> 0 And $fOverWrite <> 1 Then         SetError(5)          Return 0      EndIf      If Not FileExists($sFile) Then         FileWrite($sFile, @CRLF) ;Create the file with a blank line in it if not existing before      EndIf      Local $filtxt = FileRead($sFile, FileGetSize($sFile))     $filtxt = StringSplit($filtxt, @CRLF, 1)      If $filtxt[0] < $iLine Then         ReDim $filtxt[$iLine + 1];Add blank Lines until enough Lines in the text file      EndIf      Local $fil = FileOpen($sFile, 2)      If $fil = -1 Then         SetError(3)          Return 0      EndIf      For $i = 1 To UBound($filtxt) - 1          If $i = $iLine Then              If $fOverWrite = 1 Then                  If $sText <> '' Then                      If $i < UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then        ;If this is the line to write to, option overwrite, there is text, and NOT 'last line'                         FileWrite($fil, $sText & @CRLF)                      ElseIf $i = UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then    ;If this is the line to write to, option overwrite, there is text, and this IS 'last line'                         FileWrite($fil, $sText)                      EndIf                  Else                      If $i < UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then        ;If this is the line to write to, option overwrite, there is NO text                         FileWrite($fil, $sText)                      EndIf                  EndIf              EndIf              If $fOverWrite = 0 Then                  If $i < UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then        ;If this is the line to write to, no overwrite, and NOT 'last line'                     FileWrite($fil, $sText & @CRLF)                     FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)                  ElseIf $i = UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then    ;If this is the line to write to, no overwrite, and this IS 'last line'                     FileWrite($fil, $sText & @CRLF)                     FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i])                  EndIf              EndIf          ElseIf $i < UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then             FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i] & @CRLF)          ElseIf $i = UBound($filtxt, 1) - 1 Then             FileWrite($fil, $filtxt[$i])          EndIf     Next     FileClose($fil)      Return 1 EndFunc  ;==>_FileWriteToLine

Now I'm reading the modified script, there is an other way to add "last line" blank or not before the block "For..Next" : testing If "$Line" = "Last Line", then (nothing) else (add "@CRLF" at the end of $sText), and remove the lines of testing in the rest of the block. (Just write "$sText" or add "$sText" once, depending on "overwrite" at the line selected.)

Reacts ..?
(Pleeease, don't anwer that's awfull ! :P -I'm beginner in scripting..)

Denver.
P.S : The last comment is from 2006... Never mind if it's a long time ago ? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users