Graphical AutoIt Debugger

Stumpii

>>Better detection if SciTE and AutoIt folders are not correct

This sequence is incorrect:

1. Change the paths in the Options Form

2. debug a script

3. the Debugger rewrites the default Include paths.

It doesn't happen if I modify paths and quit the application without debugging scripts.

Best regards

Peppe

Edited by gcriaco

>>Better detection if SciTE and AutoIt folders are not correct

This sequence is incorrect:

1. Change the paths in the Options Form

2. debug a script

3. the Debugger rewrites the default Include paths.

It doesn't happen if I modify paths and quit the application without debugging scripts.

Best regards

Peppe

Okay, I think I have found the problem now. I may do away with those two fields because they are always going to be '\Include' subfolders of the release or beta AutoIt.exe file folder.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Okay, I think I have found the problem now. I may do away with those two fields because they are always going to be '\Include' subfolders of the release or beta AutoIt.exe file folder.

Thanks,

Steve

Have uploaded a new version. If you have any problems, post the Output results when creating the debug file ('Work in progress' tab, then 'Create Debug'.

Thanks, Steve

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

New version. Download link in the first post.

Rev 0.40.0 - 22 Apr 11

Added: Corrected problem with current working directory and relative Include files. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Rev 0.39.0 - 21 Apr 11

Added: Added some extra debug and rewrote some of the #Include code. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Fixed: Problem with undeclared variables in debug script that are conditionally executes. Thanks Borneq.

Rev 0.38.0 - 20 Apr 11

Fixed: Include folder paths now saved when Option dialog is closed. Does not require restart of program. Thanks griaco.

Changed: Added more debug code to the code used to create the debug script.

Rev 0.37.0 - 19 Apr 11

Fixed: Debug tooltip error on undeclared variables. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Changed: Disable Beta mode if AutoIt Beta is not installed.

Changed: ScitTE and AutoIt paths now default to either Program Files or Program Files (x86).

Added: Better detection if SciTE and AutoIt folders are not correct. Thanks BodoWitcha and gcriaco.

Added: Curly brackets to surround command line arguments so that double quotes are saved correctly. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Fixed: Corrected order of command line argument in Run Script command. Thanks BodoWitcha.

New version. Download from first post.

Rev 0.41.0 - 25 Apr 11

Fixed: Local variables now work in Watch window and Trace. Thanks db501.

Fixed: Local variables no long show <Undeclared>.

Fixed: Toolchest not populated after switch to debug mode. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Fixed: Error when requesting Toolchest help when no node selected. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Added: Change highlighting.

New feature: Change highlighting. Red - unsaved changes, green - saved changes.

Posted Image

Rev 0.41.0 - 25 Apr 11

I love this!

After pulling my hair for three days on one script, I downloaded your debugger. Using the step-through, and watching variable values, I found the problem in under 5 minutes.

Kudos!

I love this!

After pulling my hair for three days on one script, I downloaded your debugger. Using the step-through, and watching variable values, I found the problem in under 5 minutes.

Kudos!

Glad you found it useful. Let me know any bugs/comments/feature requests.

Steve

I cannot for the life of me find 0.41! I looked on the first post and on the webpage. Clearly I'm overlooking it because willichan was able to download it?

Here is link to a web page for the program: Autoit Debugger

The downloads are at the bottom of the page.

After installing .37, I clicked on Check For Updates on the menu and got the .41 upgrade.

Edited by willichan

The download section on the page only lists up to version .37, here's the link to the installer for version 0.41 - Download version 0.41

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Let me know any bugs/comments/feature requests.

Feature Request:

"Open as project", or "Set Master Script."

I would like to be able to, when debugging an included file (UDF), have that file in the foreground, but still be able to use the run and step through functions. If I could set a file as the master script, then any run/step commands would know to run that script, rather than attempting to run the UDF that is in the foreground.

---Edit---

If there were an INI file (or any other format) that defined a project with the master script and all support files, I could incorporate it into my project folder creator utility to make new projects GAD ready.

Edited by willichan

The download section on the page only lists up to version .37, here's the link to the installer for version 0.41 - Download version 0.41

DOH!

The downloads are at the bottom of the page.

After installing .37, I clicked on Check For Updates on the menu and got the .41 upgrade.

How did I ever miss that?

Feature Request:

"Open as project", or "Set Master Script."

I would like to be able to, when debugging an included file (UDF), have that file in the foreground, but still be able to use the run and step through functions. If I could set a file as the master script, then any run/step commands would know to run that script, rather than attempting to run the UDF that is in the foreground.

---Edit---

If there were an INI file (or any other format) that defined a project with the master script and all support files, I could incorporate it into my project folder creator utility to make new projects GAD ready.

Previous versions had this, but because AutoIt does not have a concept of a project, it didn't really work. There were too many problems and I removed it. I may add something in the future if there is enough interest.

New version. See first post for download link. (yes it is updated!)

Rev 0.42.0 - 2 May 11

Changed: Added shortcut key to 'Run to Cursor' button. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Changed: Corrected 'Stop' button tooltip. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Added: Breakpoints dropdown button with toggle and delete all breakpoints buttons. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Changed: Tool Chest help button tooltip. Thanks BodoWitcha.

Added: Search bar with search text box, next, previous, highlight and clear highlight buttons.

Changed: Change program settings .ini file to a binary .dat file that will hold future changes better.

v0.42 breaks the auto update checker, so download the fix (v0.43) from here: http://www.thefoolonthehill.net/drupal/AutoIt%20Debugger

Previous versions had this, but because AutoIt does not have a concept of a project, it didn't really work.

Makes sense. Happy Star Wars day!

The program is just GREAT! and i am using it quite a few weeks. After update to v 0.43 i noticed that there is some issues with internationalization of the app. While i can write in greek characters and see them correctly , when i save the file it turns to UTF-8 and everything i have typed is litle boxes. Then nothing is working correctly not even Tidy. While debugging , you can see the line with the inetrnational characters ok , but the variable that holds them is unreadbale ( little boxes again)

In Scite in either encodings (ASCII - UTF-8) i can see what i have typed correctly.

anyway the script seems to run correctly tho.

BTW i have registered to the foo hill site but never received confirmation. Again great program. !!!.

The program is just GREAT! and i am using it quite a few weeks. After update to v 0.43 i noticed that there is some issues with internationalization of the app. While i can write in greek characters and see them correctly , when i save the file it turns to UTF-8 and everything i have typed is litle boxes. Then nothing is working correctly not even Tidy. While debugging , you can see the line with the inetrnational characters ok , but the variable that holds them is unreadbale ( little boxes again)

In Scite in either encodings (ASCII - UTF-8) i can see what i have typed correctly.

anyway the script seems to run correctly tho.

BTW i have registered to the foo hill site but never received confirmation. Again great program. !!!.

Send me an example file and I will take a look. I can't seem to get ScintillaNet to display correctly, even though Scintilla does.

I receive a lot of spammer requests for accounts, so try adding an account again. Send me a PM here with the name and I will look out for it.

Steve

"Page not found" for v. 0.43. No problem for v. 0.42

Same here. When trying to download from http://www.thefoolonthehill.net/drupal/AutoIt%20Debugger

EDIT: After download 0.41 and use inside updater to get 0.43 I can confirm the special characters are not working properly (spanish language here, things like ñ or ú, etc). In my case I have found they are not showed after load the script file, they just disappear. Although If I try to write down any of them after loading they are perfectly shown on the Debugger window. So the problem seems to be when loading/saving.

EDIT2: After try a little more the program I have seen at the bottom right, next to "Development Mode" US-ASCII so I've thought if perhaps is this the reason why international characters are not loaded, but I have no idea how to change it so I hope anyone help me. Thanx very much.

Edited by Alandor