VB.NET & Auto-it ?

zer0frost

:geek: A quick, foolish but honest question:

I have VB.NET and i use to work on VB6 transition is a pain in the but but in VB6 i could COPY&PASTE the module.bas into a new one inside my project but if i try to do it in VB.NET it gives me errors...

So plz show me the basics :zorro: tut on loading the DLL or .BAS file on to a new VB.NET project... and after that how can i call a function example (move mouse X,Y and click)... im guessing this should be too hard for you geniuses :o

Thanks in anticipation for your help !!! and for reading this ;) NEWB KING :sorcerer: post on VB.NET + AUTO-IT.

PS: You all did a good job with this DLL !!! I R PROUD IF I WHERE U !!! :huggles:

Fangs78

Install Autoitx (using installer since that registers the autoitx.dll properly).

Start up a .net project and right-click references and and add reference.

Click COM tab and find autoitx.dll and click select. Click ok and the autoitx.dll

will be added to your project.

Now pseudo-code :

Dim autoItxObject As Autoitx3 = new AutoItx3

autoItxObject.WinGetText(...)

Sry for bad explanation...

Good luck!

:o OOOPPSS !!! i was doing the wrong search!!! i got something im gonna try it now !!! .... But it says that (Dim autoItxObject As Autoitx3 = New AutoItx3) <--- from that part "Autoitx3" is not declared...

Edited by zer0frost

Umm i had that problem as well, you will probably have to

A. register the DLL

B. add it to your VBProj reference list (<---- is assuming ur using like Visual Studio)

Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

I had a chat with cdkid that really helped me a lot... using autoit instead of VB.NET to make the app im looking for is much more easie !!! :geek: autoit rocks !!! and im looking forward on mastering the scripting on it !!!

FLAWLESS JOB GUYS !!! congratz !!! Autoitv3 + SciTe kicks VB.NET ass BIG TIME !!!

:o thx cdkid