SeDebugPrivilege

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had to use this, or a command similar to this, for any of their scripts to obtain a process handle or to for any other reason.

If not, then is this command ever really necessary for Autoit?

I just don't want to distribute any scripts which aren't going to be able to perform their function on someone elses computer if this is required for their computer. I still use windows 98 and this is not required for my OS.

Thanks,

Nomad

Edited by Nomad

So nobody with windows 2000+ has ever had a problem reading memory addresses or opening processes with AutoIt?

In C and C++ in order to use ReadProcessMemory, you have to OpenProcess and you can't do that, on some programs, unless you set SeDebugPrivilege to get administrative rights. I'm just needing to know if you need something like this for AutoIt if you are going to use Kernel32.dll to ReadProcessMemory.

i have yet to encounter such programs but i heard others already have when using my _mem functions.

but if you are running windows 98 why are you even interested in DebugPriv's ?

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

Because if someone on a different computer is going to need it enabled, I want to know so they will not have any problems running any scripts I distribute which access the memory of programs such as games.

Since I'm on 98 I'm not entirely familiar with the command or it's related commands, but if I'm going to need it I will take the time to do some research on it and how to implement it. If I'm not then I don't want to waste my time on it.

I'd just like to solve the problem before it becomes a problem, if it's going to become a problem.:D

Thanks,

Nomad