assign a Code to a GUI Control from inside a FORM Designer

Are there any Form Designers (Like Koda Maybe) that will allow to assign a function or piece of code to a button or gui object without having to manualy type in the code inside a text editor like SciTech Editor?

Or this asking for a bit too much? :D

This would be sweet. I would call it (My Lazy Tool) :wacko:

MrChris

Edited by MrChris

• Moderators

Sounds to me that you now have something to work on that could help you be lazy... only problem is, you'll have to not be lazy to write the "lazy tool" :D

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If I knew a 10th of how to code in AutoIT as most of the people on this forum I totally, would but I don't so O well.

I know, maybe I can start and just keep asking more and more dumb questions on how comb my code aint wokring. LOL/JK.

Hey I figure it never hurts to ask. Until you ask the same questions over and over before you/I get on everyones nerves.

MrChris

My advice is to start small, look at simple examples and let the experience come to you when you are ready. Helper programs are convenience items amd not best for actually learning to code.

A full IDE like Microsoft's does not make programming more easier IMHO. Sure, creating the form is nothing but best of, but coding is still as much intensive as would be done in a simple editer like Scite4Autoit3.

You will get to the level as others. Just give it time and keep your anxienty in check. I am sure that the devotion applied to learn over time with AutoIt, the more advanced you will naturally become.

Learning to create Gui manually is a good exercise. :D

Edited by MHz

Some time ago I tried to implement such mechanism, when you have control event and code, assigned to it. This code is kept in form and generating in event function. But this become very lame and create whole bunch of new problems, so this idea abandoned now - at least now.

To make this idea alive, should be some feedback between Koda and code editor. No thought how to do that without integrated editor.