AutoIt - The Interactive Tutorial by Devion

Dev

Interactive Tutorial - AutoIt

Yes, i AM still alive.

Ive made a Interactive Tutorial to learn simple AutoIt. Currently containing alot of bugs, and i dont really know how to make Send("SendThis"TEXT"") without errors.

The tutorial uses Hotkeys and mostly Send. It opens an instance of Notepad and writes to it. (How do i activate notepad on any language? :S). On Messagebox examples and so on, it shows messageboxes.

Wellwell, youve got it.

If you want, write code examples, upload and post the link. Ill upload the tutorial very soon.

Current Chapters: 7, more to come.

Current Examples: 1, I need you! Post them here! :(

I dont know if someone has done this before, so dont flame me :ph34r:

rather interesting idea. I'm also trying to do a tutorial to tech a math graphing application. I've got the advangage of counting with a graphical interface to play with.

It occurs to me that you could redistribute one of the text editors that handle color syntax (of course you'll need to abide by their license restrictions). As a teching tool this could serve a purpose of creating color concept association, and thus enhance the potential of the tutorial. Another thing comes to my head, and that is, recording yourself with a mic, then output a wav file, compress it to mp3, and use soundplay to give emphasis to the most important items of your tutorial, ie, the use of functions and the like.

I hope the ideas are not cumbersome.

IVAN

Re: Send("SendThis"TEXT"")

Use single quotes on the outside.

Send('SendThis"TEXT"')

Look at WinActive. Try a partial search. Store the handle and then use it to refer to the Notepad app in WinActivate.

Where are the lessons? :ph34r:

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Ok, I will try for a better explaination.

Single-quotes (') or double-quotes (") can be used to enclose a string in AutoItV3. If the string you want contains either type of quote, use the other one to enclose the string. For example,

MsgBox(0, "Dave's Answer", 'This string has "quotes." ')

The title has a single-quote, so I enclosed it with double-quotes. The message text has double-quotes in it, so I used single-quotes to enclose it. You must use the same type of quote to end a string that you use to begin it.

If your string contains both single- and double-quotes, you can use the other mechanism for handling quotes in a string: double them up. Two of the same quote in a row inside a string will put one occurance of the quote in the string.

$x = "This string has ""QUOTES""."

Note that there are three quotes at the end the string. The first two translate into a double-quote in the string and the last one ends the string.

As far as activating notepad in any language, try this process:

• Create an empty text file with a given name, such as "Tutorial.txt"
  • Start Notepad using the given name
  • Look for the name of the file in WinActivate.
  • Start sending. You might also want to ControlSend to Edit1, Notepad's main edit control.
Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please just ask.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• 3 weeks later...