New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.77

Jos

• Developers

Hi Jos

A minor tidy issue.

Every time tidy is used, the last(eof)-trailing line break in the target file is removed. (CRLF in my case)

If I'm correct this behavior is relative new, about one or two scite4autoit versions ago.

MvGulik

To my knowledge this behavious is already there for a long time.

I went back to ver 2.0.14 of June 14, 2007 and it does the exact same thing.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge this behavious is already there for a long time.

I went back to ver 2.0.14 of June 14, 2007 and it does the exact same thing.

Jos

lol, I guess it never bugged me before.

I'll try to un-bug myself again. :)

MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Jos,

When I search for something in SciTE the line in which it is found always appears 2 lines up from the bottom of the editing window - I would prefer it to be about 15 lines up, if possible.

I have searched in the SciTE documentation for the parameter to change this behaviour, but I cannot find anything that looks a likely candidate. Do you know where it is?

Thanks in advance,

M23

P.S. And the new beta Obfuscator works nicely with lines over 2048 - thanks for that as well.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

Try playing with these :

visible.policy.strict=1
visible.policy.slop=1
visible.policy.lines=10
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Jos,

I just knew you would know - visible.policy.lines is the one.

Bedankt,

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Hey Jos, just wondering if there is a particular reason why SciTE4AutoIt3 is still using AutoIt v3.2.12.1 definitions given that v3.3.0.0 was released over a month ago or if it's simply you just haven't had time to update it yet?

New definitions for Scite are delivered with AutoIt. So if you have scite installed and you install AutoIt v3.3.0.0 it should give you proper definitions in SCITE.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Must be something with the installer. I had the same problem.

With SciTe installed I ripped out 3.3.0.0 and then reinstalled it but I still had the 3.2.12.1 defs.

I ended up downloading the sfx and manually updated the SciTe files.

-Kenny

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

After installing 3.3.0.0, you'll have to manually edit the versioninfo.ini file to change the version before running UpdateDefs. The utility just reads the INI file, not the actual version of the defs file (it's a cosmetic thing).

• Moderators

wraithdu,

Thanks for that. SciTE is now up to date.

M23

Spoiler

I haven't changed the logic in the installer as far as I know. It does retrieve the key from the registry for AutoIt3 and adds "\SciTE" to it:

ReadRegStr $R0 HKLM "Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" "InstallDir"
   StrCpy $INSTDIR "$R0\SciTE"

Jos

My antivirus s/w treats AutoitSC.bin as a trojan horse and deletes it.....I cannot compile etc....any tips?

Joe

After installing 3.3.0.0, you'll have to manually edit the versioninfo.ini file to change the version before running UpdateDefs. The utility just reads the INI file, not the actual version of the defs file (it's a cosmetic thing).

Meh, I don't like poking around under the hood of SciTE in case I break it so I'll wait for the next update. Thanks anyway wraithdu.

I apologise in advance if this has been discussed before, but I did a search all the way back to April 2008, and the closest I came to any reference was in a post called 'Scite Convenience Keys' which didn't help and seemed to infer a conflict for Ctrl+J etc.

Anyway, this is my issue .......

Something seems to be messed up with the Ctrl+J (etc) in two of my versions of SciTE.

In both AutoIt v3.2.12.0 & v3.3.0.0 none of the shortcut keys involving the InvokeTool commands work for me. I still have no problem with SciTE versions prior to use of the InvokeTool. All the other Shortcuts (Koda, etc) appear to work fine.

Is this a bug for everyone? Or is my install messed up - I just unzipped the full versions of SciTE into the SciTE folder of the relevant AutoIt version, and use my switcher program to change between the 4 versions I have installed.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Here is one of the relevant Standard LUA Functions entries from the au3.properties file -

#x 18 Jump to Func quickly

command.name.18.$(au3)=Jump to Function Prod

command.mode.18.$(au3)=subsystem:lua,savebefore:yes

command.shortcut.18.$(au3)=Ctrl+J

command.18.$(au3)=InvokeTool AutoItGotoDefinition.GotoDefinition

If I comment out this line -

;command.mode.18.$(au3)=subsystem:lua,savebefore:yes

I get the following message in the Output pane -

>InvokeTool AutoItGotoDefinition.GotoDefinition

>The system cannot find the file specified.

I guess that running the UpdateDefs.exe file might fix this, but I'm reluctant to do that, as it appears to effect personal config files outside of the AutoIt install folder, which might cause issues with my other AutoIt/SciTE installs.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

The reason you get an error is because you removed the line telling SciTE to use Lua to handle the command.

If you have multiple separate installations of SciTE things are going to get fucked up, plain and simple. I don't understand why you need multiple installations of SciTE. Perhaps removing your need for that will fix the problem.

The reason you get an error is because you removed the line telling SciTE to use Lua to handle the command.

I guess that is pretty obvious, but it showed that something was happening ... whereas before you couldn't tell - either using the shortcut key or menu item. So at least that element was working.

If you have multiple separate installations of SciTE things are going to get fucked up, plain and simple. I don't understand why you need multiple installations of SciTE. Perhaps removing your need for that will fix the problem.

At the very least, if you want to run various versions of AutoIt with SciTE, you need to switch definitions to do so, and have SciTE installed outside of the AutoIt3 folder (this in itself causes a raft of issues I suspect). My solution of having the appropriate version of SciTE for the matching version of AutoIt, seems the best solution, and up till recently has worked fine for me. Obviously a path or something (variable?) needs to be updated somewhere because of the change involving InvokeTool etc (I'm guessing).

Are you indicating that you only ever run the latest version of AutoIt and Beta?

Or do you have another method to run earlier versions?

EDIT:

In particular, since the major changes to AutoIt from v3.2.6.0, it has been necessary to run at least two versions of AutoIt, or painstakingly update all your previous scripts ... not to mention the time to come to grips with the new changes ... for which you needed to have the latest version installed to do so.In fact, that is why I've waited until now to update ... finally found the time to learn all the differences and older script breaking elements.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

First, let me state I do not use SciTE4AutoIt. I have my own tools.

At the very least, if you want to run various versions of AutoIt with SciTE, you need to switch definitions to do so, and have SciTE installed outside of the AutoIt3 folder (this in itself causes a raft of issues I suspect). My solution of having the appropriate version of SciTE for the matching version of AutoIt, seems the best solution, and up till recently has worked fine for me. Obviously a path or something (variable?) needs to be updated somewhere because of the change involving InvokeTool etc (I'm guessing).

I don't change definitions. I change a single variable in a property file to switch between beta and stable:

# Only one of these can be define at a time.  Define to the currently in-use
     # version of AutoIt.  If both are set, then beta will take precedence.
     STABLE_AUTOIT=1
     BETA_AUTOIT=0

# Import the keyword lists for both stable and beta.
 import properties\au3.keywords.stable
 import properties\au3.keywords.beta

# We are using stable AutoIt.
   if STABLE_AUTOIT
       # Set Au3Dir to the AutoIt directory.  This variable is used outside the if.
       Au3Dir=D:\Program Files\AutoIt3

# Load the stable API file.
       api.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.stable.api

# AutoIt Keyword Lists
       keywords.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.keywords.stable)
       keywords2.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.functions.stable)
       keywords3.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.macros.stable)
       keywords4.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.sendkeys.stable)
       keywords5.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.preprocessor.stable)
       keywords6.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.special.stable)
       keywords8.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.udfs.stable)

# We are using beta AutoIt.
   if BETA_AUTOIT
       Au3Dir=D:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

# Load the beta API file.
       api.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.beta.api

# AutoIt Keyword Lists
       keywords.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.keywords.beta)
       keywords2.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.functions.beta)
       keywords3.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.macros.beta)
       keywords4.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.sendkeys.beta)
       keywords5.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.preprocessor.beta)
       keywords6.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.special.beta)
       keywords8.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.udfs.beta)

I manually change the variable but it would be trivial to make it part of a script.

Are you indicating that you only ever run the latest version of AutoIt and Beta?

Or do you have another method to run earlier versions?

I only need to run stable, beta and alternate. Alternate could be anything but I point it to the compiler output so I can easily test scripts with fresh builds during development. I wrote my own tools which allow me to specify one of the above mentioned three locations. My tools provide both a system-wide setting and per-script override via special pre-processor statements. I do not run AutoIt3.exe directly opting instead to pass scripts through an interpreter which in turn passes the script to the appropriate version. I generally keep stable set as system-wide and if I have a specific need I will use the in-script "#Beta" or "#Alternate" pre-processor statements to tell my interpreter what to do with that script. The interpreter also provides pre-processor statements for specifying all the Aut2Exe options meaning I never have to use the Aut2Exe GUI to have custom compiled scripts. There are other features as well but I think you get the point.

The problem with multiple installations of SciTE is going to be your user properties file. You can only have one without setting an environment variable to change the default location. So assuming you only have one copy of that file shared by multiple instances of SciTE who knows what files are being loaded from where. Of particular note would be the Lua startup script.

First, let me state I do not use SciTE4AutoIt. I have my own tools.

I don't change definitions. I change a single variable in a property file to switch between beta and stable:

# Only one of these can be define at a time.  Define to the currently in-use
      # version of AutoIt.  If both are set, then beta will take precedence.
      STABLE_AUTOIT=1
      BETA_AUTOIT=0

# Import the keyword lists for both stable and beta.
  import properties\au3.keywords.stable
  import properties\au3.keywords.beta

# We are using stable AutoIt.
    if STABLE_AUTOIT
        Au3Dir=D:\Program Files\AutoIt3

# Load the stable API file.
        api.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.stable.api

# AutoIt Keyword Lists
        keywords.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.keywords.stable)
        keywords2.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.functions.stable)
        keywords3.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.macros.stable)
        keywords4.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.sendkeys.stable)
        keywords5.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.preprocessor.stable)
        keywords6.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.special.stable)
        keywords8.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.udfs.stable)

# We are using beta AutoIt.
    if BETA_AUTOIT
        Au3Dir=D:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

# Load the beta API file.
        api.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\api\au3.beta.api

# AutoIt Keyword Lists
        keywords.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.keywords.beta)
        keywords2.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.functions.beta)
        keywords3.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.macros.beta)
        keywords4.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.sendkeys.beta)
        keywords5.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.preprocessor.beta)
        keywords6.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.special.beta)
        keywords8.$(au3)=$(au3.keywords.udfs.beta)

I manually change the variable but it would be trivial to make it part of a script.

I only need to run stable, beta and alternate. Alternate could be anything but I point it to the compiler output so I can easily test scripts with fresh builds during development. I wrote my own tools which allow me to specify one of the above mentioned three locations. My tools provide both a system-wide setting and per-script override via special pre-processor statements. I do not run AutoIt3.exe directly opting instead to pass scripts through an interpreter which in turn passes the script to the appropriate version. I generally keep stable set as system-wide and if I have a specific need I will use the in-script "#Beta" or "#Alternate" pre-processor statements to tell my interpreter what to do with that script. The interpreter also provides pre-processor statements for specifying all the Aut2Exe options meaning I never have to use the Aut2Exe GUI to have custom compiled scripts. There are other features as well but I think you get the point.

The problem with multiple installations of SciTE is going to be your user properties file. You can only have one without setting an environment variable to change the default location. So assuming you only have one copy of that file shared by multiple instances of SciTE who knows what files are being loaded from where. Of particular note would be the Lua startup script.

I do use SciTE4AutoIt (with my Toolbar For Any program, etc), and I likewise use programs of mine to update a few of SciTE's properties files and to swap versions. That has worked well for me up to now, and once I figure out the changes I need to make to my programs (one program mainly), they will undoubtably still serve me. So in reality I guess, I'm asking for inside info on the differences (etc) ... if that is where the problem lies. I've always nutted it out myself in the past, but I notice there are major differences to what I've seen in the past - (au3) instead of (file.patterns.au3) and InvokeTool AutoItGotoDefinition.GotoDefinition.

Spoiler

userbar.png