This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

search and rename folders

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 y2kcmoore

y2kcmoore

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

I have been asked to search for folders named Contact and rename them to Contracts. These folders are in a folders under d:\%officename%\projects\%projectnumber%\Contact and I need to rename them to Contracts. The names in % are a changing variable.

Can autoit do something like this?

Thanks
Chris

#2 PsaltyDS

PsaltyDS

Most Venerable Penguin

• MVPs
  • 13,279 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

I have been asked to search for folders named Contact and rename them to Contracts. These folders are in a folders under d:\%officename%\projects\%projectnumber%\Contact and I need to rename them to Contracts. The names in % are a changing variable.

Can autoit do something like this?

Thanks
Chris

FileFindFirstFile() with FileFindNextFile() and FileGetAttrib()

_FileListToArray()

Search the forum for many examples of recursive functions if you need to search subdirectories.

:P
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

#3 y2kcmoore

y2kcmoore

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

FileFindFirstFile() with FileFindNextFile() and FileGetAttrib()

_FileListToArray()

Search the forum for many examples of recursive functions if you need to search subdirectories.

:P

Thanks.. What about the rename part? Thats whats really holding me up. :P

#4 y2kcmoore

y2kcmoore

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Ahh DirMove. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users