All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. I understand what your thing is, but I can say with almost 100% certainty that you script is much more complicated with more stuff going on. Create a simple minimal script which reproduces your issue, along with a temp ini file.
  3. Hi @Kiran_L, Try checking this old thread and this link. You might get an idea somehow. Else, can you post your made code so far so that anyone can easily help.
  4. Your code looks overly complicated. Look into WinList parameters ie Local $winListT = WinList("Sign-On")
  5. Hi guys, I am trying to read a pdf file with unstructured data. I dontot know how to handle pdf activities in AutoIt, Can you help me with any UDF to open the PDF and read the doc. Thanks for your time.
  6. Try putting the For...Next within the function.
  7. Today
  8. No, not in the same fashion. Com error handling is similar but not all errors are Com (object) related. In AU3 you anticipate and deal with potential errors. Also, look into @error macro, for help in such matters.
  9. the thing is , whatever value i add to the variable , it works only inside the function that did that , it like resets right after function passess
  10. Do you get access error? The problem with pseudo code is that no-one can test it. If you were to try to create a real script that people could test, I guarantee you will realize you error along the way.
  11. it works in some funcs in some it doesnt weird , i have a function that compares inputs with the predefined ini file, works outside func, inside doesnt global $list[5][3] $list[1][1] = iniread... msgbox(0,"",$list[1][1]) - works here $list[1][2]=guiread.... func compare($i) msgbox(0,"",$list[1][1]) - empty here if $list[$i][1] = "" or $list[$i][2] = "" then Return if $list[$i][1] <> $list[$i][2] Then msgbox(0,"","different") EndIf EndFunc for $i = 1 to 5 compare($i) next scripts returns everytime cause somehow list is empty inside the func and fine outside...
  12. nope. You need to make the array available/accessible within the function somehow, either by declaring it in the global scope or sending it to the function as a parameter. hmm, odd.
  13. and to make stuff more intereseting same script , copy pasted into brand new autoit file ... works
  14. array is defined as global before using , maybe thats the issue ? i have global $array[10][10] at start
  15. I suspect it has to do with the scope in which the array is/was defined. Where in the script are you creating the array, because in your simple example above it is not defined which means it would have to be scoped globally for the function to know about it. Can you post more code?
  16. Can you elaborate more? And I have a problem that you need help is: BlockInput (1) locks both the mouse and the keyboard. I want the [ESC] button on the keyboard is not locked, how do?
  17. double post accident
  18. so i have this weird error , im pretty sure it used to work before lets say i got an array $array[10][10] i have every array define $array[1][0] = "blabla" now the issue is this ; when i just use msgbox(0,"",$array[1][0]) its fine it returns the array but when i use it in function func blabla() msgbox(0,"",$array[1][0]) - i get blank message endfunc Can anyone help me please?
  19. so i have this weird error , im pretty sure it used to work before lets say i got an array $array[10][10] i have every array define $array[1][0] = "blabla" now the issue is this ; when i just use msgbox(0,"",$array[1][0]) its fine it returns the array but when i use it in function func blabla() msgbox(0,"",$array[1][0]) - i get blank message endfunc Can anyone help me please?
  20. Hi @TeraWatt, That depends on the error.... But hopefully, it's not involving this below Forum Rule. Bypassing of security measures - log-in and security dialogs, CAPTCHAs, anti-bot agents, software activation, etc.
  21. @alexm963 And what does this have to do with your original issue? Has that been resolved?
  22. @Jos, I've got it. When they want to return back to Enter Password. "Dat is alles wat ik nodig heb om de code te voltooien." Thanks! Global $apass Do $pass = InputBox(@UserName, "Enter Password:", "", "*M", 200, 120, 550, 380) If @error = 1 Then Exit If $pass <> "abc@123" Then $apass = MsgBox(4, "Invalid!", "Password incorrect! Please try again.") If $apass = 7 Then Exit Else Call("$Form1") EndIf Until $apass <> 6
  23. Yes, all automation functions or operations will freeze if there is no session with a virtual display attached to it. Stuff like conversion and comparison will work because it does not involve anything which requires a display. Your welcome
  24. @TheDcoder, hmm, that seems interesting to check with. Thanks, I'll check on this and see what will be the result. However, when I tried not calling the other program, my program work's perfectly even if RDP was closed. Now, that program is from other developer that do file compare from New.pdf and Old.pdf and then give the result in a PDF format. The problem with that program is maybe it was using send keys where the server needs to be active. In this way, I can maybe report that to our heads for checking. But still I'll try with your suggestion TheDcoder. Thank you.
  25. Yesterday
  26. Hi Innl Thanks for your help! The only one that works is : ControlSend("Personal Options", "", "[NAME:chkShortPortfolios]", "{space}") and that is not viable as the checkbox might already be ticked in which case that would uncheck it.
  27. The program in opening with the shortcut is my script.exe. Running it through comspec just made it open a new instance of the script instead of just making it active if it is already open. My script.exe looks for other instances of itself and closes them right when it starts. If I try to run the shortcut with a hot key it doesn't open a new instance. It makes the current one active. I want it to open a new instance.
  28. In Python, when an error occurs you can pass it through the use of exception handling, I.e.: anticipate the error then counter it before it messes up the program. I have researched and found no way of doing this in AutoIt. Is there a way to essentially bypass an error that would occur? I.e.: catch an error and pass it without effecting program execution?
  1. Load more activity