EmailIP

Ejoc

So I wrote a script for linux along way back, and now I did a Windows version using AutoIt. Basicly its a script that you can run on a windows machine that will check what its public ip address is, and if it changed email the new ip address to an email account.

Why do this?

If you have a Dynamic IP address at home(most people do) and you want to run a server of some sort on it, VPN, FTP, WEB... etc but since the IP address can change you need to know what the new address is, so just email the address to an email address you can access anywhere (hotmail, gmail, yahoo...).

I set it up so it can run on its own checking every X minutes, or you can use the -runonce command line argument to exit after checking once(use this if you want to schedule the task using Windows Task Scheduler)

Using -config will run the GUI config, note if there is no EmailIP.ini file it will run automaticlly.

You really should use the compiled version as you can pass it command line arguments.

Enjoy

*EDIT set it to ingnore an IP of -1, which you get when your internet connection is down

EmailIP.zip

Edited by Ejoc
Start -> Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> AutoIt Help File -> Index -> (The Function you are asking about)----- Links -----DllStruct UDFsRSA Crypto UDFs