How to make a Autoit program I made a trial versio

Guest Mark7805

Guest Mark7805

ok I made a program many people want but some want trials of it.I want to make a 1 day trial of the program.Does any1 know how I can do this?Sry my english sux:(

Edited by Mark7805

ok I made a program many people want but some want trials of it.I want to make a 1 day trial of the program.Does any1 know how I can do this?Sry my english sux:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

==> Easy way:

Set a registry key (with the coded date of first program start). At program start check ich the key exists and if the coded date is older than 1 day. However, if somebody monitores the registry, he could simply delete your key to overcome this kind of "protection".

==> Better way:

Use NTFS streams to "hide" your registration data. Streams are not commonly known, and hard to find for a normal user.

To create a NTFS stream:

echo Test > file.txt

echo Hidden-Data > file.txt:regdata <== name stream as you like

To read a NTFS stream:

more < file.txt

more < file.txt:regdata

You will only find file.txt with dir and explorer.

dir file*

C:\>dir file*

24.05.2005 02:11 7 file.txt

==> Hard, but most secure way:

Do it like microsoft ;-)) Gather some information about the system and force the users to register online. Only after registration, they will get a key for one day. The key is dependent on the gathered system info, so it can only be used on one system. O.K. that might be a little bit overkill for a AutoIT script, but hey if the script is realy cool ... ;-))

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure that this thread is not related to this one: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...488entry81488

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I'm working on a small registry thing if you don't want to do streams, I have the test of it done, just going to recode to work in the registry...About 5 minutes please

#include<date.au3>
$string = @ComputerName & "|" & _NowCalc()
MsgBox(0, "test", $string)
$test = StringInStr($string, "|")
MsgBox(0, "test2", $test)
$startdate = StringRight($string, (StringLen($string) - $test))
MsgBox(0, "test3", $startdate)
$diff = _DateDiff("D", $startdate, _NowCalc())
MsgBox(0, "test4", $diff)
If $diff > 1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "test5", "You're registration period has expired.")
EndIf
Edited by MSLx Fanboy

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

Simple, and moderately secure for people who don't know how to decrypt the registry key.

Oh, the encrypted key looks like this for me:

092B86DF7325379F5553559E113006F43CD5E4D9E12E0F47846B48251287AD5DE95C3A67E83D

You tell me the date, I'll give you a cookie. Down to the second please :(

#include<date.au3>
#include<string.au3>

If RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version", "MyNewProgram") = "" Then
    RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version", "MyNewProgram", "REG_SZ", _StringEncrypt(1, _NowCalc(), @ComputerName))
    SetError(0)
EndIf
$startdate = _StringEncrypt(0, RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version", "MyNewProgram"), @ComputerName)

If _DateDiff("D", $startdate, _NowCalc()) > 1 Then
    Exit
EndIf

Feel free to get rid of that last variable if you wish. I would, but it would look a bit too unorganized :(

Simple, and moderately secure for people who don't know how to decrypt the registry key.

Oh, the encrypted key looks like this for me:

You tell me the date, I'll give you a cookie.  Down to the second please :(

#include<date.au3>
#include<string.au3>

If RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version", "MyNewProgram") = "" Then
    RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version", "MyNewProgram", "REG_SZ", _StringEncrypt(1, _NowCalc(), @ComputerName))
    SetError(0)
EndIf
$startdate = _StringEncrypt(0, RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version", "MyNewProgram"), @ComputerName)

If _DateDiff("D", $startdate, _NowCalc()) > 1 Then
    Exit
EndIf

Feel free to get rid of that last variable if you wish.  I would, but it would look a bit too unorganized :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Niceone. Thou in the above code the "Current Version" should be "CurrentVersion" in registry :

I guess that means that it was corrected, because it ended up in the right place. I've memorized that folder now, so I hardly ever check to make sure I typed it in :">

Edited by MSLx Fanboy