PIM 1.0

themax90

Here is my TCP Instant Messenger, ideas inspired from Larry's Au3xtra tcp features and examples written in the BETA help file. I decided to call it PIM 1.0 which means personal instant messanger, personal because you must exchange ip addresses. If you want an even more secure connection just edit the port inside the script. This will be an addition(once fixed up) to my TIM NT 1.0 system which is called TCP Instant Messanger Network. The network will not be release in source to provide security but the client will be release with minor removals. Sorry if you want the source for TIM NT you will seriously need to be a high trustee in my mind to receive it, if this system goes big then the security cannot be compromized. Anyways...

This runs off of perferences in a Master.ini file which will automatically be installed but not overwritten everytime you run this, just use the configure button to change or manually edit, it will not overwrite.

Minimal Master.ini file

[TCP IM]

IpAddress=127.0.0.1

OutShow=MyNameHere

AllowIncoming=1

MaxText=100

RegFile=RegFile.ini

Preferences above can be configured inside program.

Deny certain ip addresses and Registration of Ip's and Names allowed along with deny current connection and register current connection.

With this you CANNOT CONNECT TO YOURSELF.

If you wish to test connecting to your self via 127.0.0.1 do not start a single program and try and connect, it will freeze. First open the exe a first time, take that window somewhere else and note it, NEVER CONNECT WITH THE FIRST WINDOW, now open the exe again and use this window ONLY to connect using 127.0.0.1 or your public ip address or it WILL FREEZE.

I discovered this about it and it pissed me off because it froze most of my computer until I got to task manager and killed the process.

Also, disallowing incoming connections is not working properly, if you wish to fix you can and please post it, I will do what I can to fix it now, but for now if you dont want to connect to anyone, whenever an accept msgbox comes up just hit no.

WARNING:

I hope you all like it! Only one problem, it has NOT been tested on a full connection, I just used a double browser to connect to myself, but I am sure it will work. I KNOW for a fact it wont work on a Router or Advanced Networks. This was just a 2 day script when I got really really bored. I would like to test it but I am on a router whenever I am on so if two people on a direct connection could test it and report back that would be GREAT.

AutoIt Smith(Max Gardner;king.of.all@comcast.net)

Actually it does work behind a router, but it's a little complex to fix.

USE OF PIM 1.0 BEHIND ROUTER!

Okay so you want to use direct internet programs but can't because of a router, here is your answer!

Step 1:

First locate your default address inside the router. It is usually http://192.168.1.1/ but on some specific routers it may be different. This is not required if you have a Cable Modem without a router, all port and information in TCP and UDP is forwarded to that single computer. Once inside your router you may need a user name and password, which can be supplied if you look back in your installation books or you may not have even set a password.

Step 2:

Once in the router, try and find a tab called Forwarding or Ports, maybe even Connection or Incoming. Once this is found, select TCP and insert the port to be forwarded, for PIM it is 33518. You want to forward the data to your current computer so insert your specific network ip, usually a 198.168.1.X the X representing the specific network status.

Step 3:

Confirm, authorize, and test.

Common server ports:

21, 23, 25, 80, 110, 143, 473, 439

AutoIt Smith

P.S. It MAY still work behind a router you just need to try it. Use the _GetIp statement to get your public IP and try, I'm not sure but it almost always doesn't work!

Edited by AutoIt Smith

Thats to only way it works but it is impossible to implement a generic version...

Never say never -- I wouldn't know how hard it is to implement UPnP (Universal Plug 'n' Play) functionality into an AutoIt script but this would overcome router issues to some extent (at least for those routers that support it).

My first experience with the joys of UPnP was when I downloaded Azureus and to my surprise it was able to receive connections. I worried at first that my network had some major security flaw but after doing a little reading I was quite impressed.

True but autoit does not have the functionality yet unless I were to break the process down and manually do a script for it, if you want to help then it would be awesome and I could implement it into TIM, the only difference in TIM is a graphic look and more of a system which involves servers insead of just a messenger, it will be much like AIM and YIM but more simple. If someone could help or write something it would be amazingly easier