au3 is detec as trojan

Anything automatically flagging a UPX compressed file as trojan without actually checking that the file really is a trojan is software not worth using.

It also won't change the situation as anti-virus firms will still flag AutoIt, anyway, the next time somebody writes something malicious in AutoIt.

some av detec au3 filles as trojan because it has been compiled with upx etc, sow, why dont we use other packer sow it doesnt look that bad as a trojan.

soon or later other paker will do the same.

Be patient JON is working on a new version that the AV can do a better job. ;)

Out of curiosity: What anti-virus package is reporting the problem? What version and update patch? Have you reported the false alarm to the vendor for rectification? Have you done an update of your anti-virus signatures since you had the problem, and is it still giving false alarms?

Out of curiosity: What anti-virus package is reporting the problem? What version and update patch? Have you reported the false alarm to the vendor for rectification? Have you done an update of your anti-virus signatures since you had the problem, and is it still giving false alarms?

I'm not sure what version/update it was, but I have seen it occur with McAfee AV when emailing the person a compiled script. I ended up manually putting it on her desktop. It might have been her Exchange server too... Sorry no help, but I have seen this too! ;)

-Crim

McAfee throws some stupid things like that. If anyone has heard of Clickteam, their Install Creator installers were malicous and couldn't be fixed. I think it has to do with permissions.

I've just had the same problem with AVG - using the latest AVG engine and dat file. It identified my compiled code as Trojan Horse Clicker.UH

I am gutted as I have just recently found AutoIT and I was lovin' it. Now I can't use it ! Please tell me that au3 has a fix for this.

;)

I've just had the same problem with AVG - using the latest AVG engine and dat file. It identified my compiled code as Trojan Horse Clicker.UH

I am gutted as I have just recently found AutoIT and I was lovin' it. Now I can't use it ! Please tell me that au3 has a fix for this.

;)

Don't be afraid you can use the beta which is at least stable than the official release.

Just use compatible functions if you are afraid to use a function that will not be delivered in the next official version. :P