AutoComplete for GUI Combo's and Edits

Reference: MSDN->SHAutoComplete

I noticed this utility function today and began to wonder if it would be possible to add autocomplete ability to AutoIt's combo and edit GUI controls using this function with the available flags.

Maybe this could be done by simply adding a flag to the style or exStyle of GUICtrlCreateEdit and GUICtrlCreateCombo functions. I don't think AutoIt would have to actually do anything other than call this function after the control is created.

Thoughts?

*EDIT* BTW, this adds the autocomplete feature to combo/edit controls, so as you type "C:\pro" it will suggest "C:\Program Files", like the Run command does.

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes

Thanks, but I actually wanted one that would autocomplete IE's URL history and filesystem paths, i.e. "C:\Pro" would autocomplete to show "C:\Program Files" like the Run box does.

I'll play with the code on that linked page and see if I can manage to combine that with searching for a partial match in the filesystem and providing an autocomplete.

*EDIT* The MSDN link I provided in the first post appears to allow you to simply attach something to an edit control and Windows handles the filesystem/URL autocompletion for you.

Edited by c0deWorm

type something in... hit enter... type same thing in and see the autocomplete box show up...

Lar.

Okay, I just ran the script. I did actually visit the page before, but your opening statement (above) is misleading (or just not informative enough). However, when I tried to type a file path it worked.

I should have run the script to see what it did.

Thanks, Lar!