Change Icon Msgbox Titlebar?

demando

Hi together

I compiled my program with a separate Icon, but the MsgBox shows only a white Icon and not the Icon

where i included in the program which i compiled.

Can i change the Icon in the MsgBox titlebar??

I tried with MsgBox(4096,"Test",Test")

Demando

Hi together

I compiled my program with a separate Icon, but the MsgBox shows only a white Icon and not the Icon

where i included in the program which i compiled.

I tried with MsgBox(4096,"Test",Test")

Demando

Different kinds of icons:

You can set the icon for a GUI that you created with GuiCreate() by using GuiSetIcon().

The MsgBox() window only gets certain preset icons, like stop sign, or question mark.

The compiled .exe file can have yet another icon, I believe, but that would be used only for the icon of the .exe file itself and the task bar object that appears while it's running.

Newbie answer, YMMV... :lmao:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Sorry, but I want only change the little Icon in the Titlebar of the MessageBox. Is this possible?

Hmmm... I don't know, and I'm not on a windoze box right now, so I can't test it. But maybe if you pop up a MsgBox, then get its handle, you can set the icon somehow:

MsgBox(0, "MyTitle", "This is my message.")
$MyHandle = WinGetHandle("MyTitle")
...???

The problem is, the GuiSetIcon() function doesn't let you specify which handle. That implies you can only use it on a GUI you are creating yourself with GuiCreate(), not a MsgBox(). Intersting question though... :lmao:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi PsaltyDS

thank you for the Information, if i understand you correctly it is ony possible , with a GUI Form

and not with a MsgBox.

Yeah, that's if I understand me correctly too... I've only been working with AutoIT intermitently for about a month, so I'm looking forward to someone who knows what they're talking about to answer this definitively for both of us!

:lmao:

Yes... to a certain-limited degree

on SciTE.. press the following

Tools > CodeWizard

that is a great learining tool for message boxes

other than those limitations, you can script your own GUI

( gafrost has made one here before, maybe you can find it )

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Yes... to a certain-limited degree

on SciTE.. press the following

Tools > CodeWizard

that is a great learining tool for message boxes

other than those limitations, you can script your own GUI

( gafrost has made one here before, maybe you can find it )

8)

i think they mean the icon in the title-bar....

[font="Verdana"]In work:[list=1][*]InstallIt[*]New version of SpaceWar[/list] [/font]

• Moderators

Before we get into a measuring contest... let's just say that... if you want an icon to show up on every desktop, exactly how you want it, that you should make a 'custom message box' like I do: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=139190

And you can add a paramater that includes GUICtrlCreateIcon() to that. That should solve all the silly 'back and forth' that seems to be wanting to go on here.

Answer... No You can't have a custom icon with every window system with the current setup of a msgbox()

Answer2... That shouldn't stop you from completing your task!

Edit:

Analritter: Welcome back!

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

I don't believe that System Modal (4096) really is supposed to show the application Icon.

It should be used to warn about SYSTEM critical message.

Modality determines how the system handles a dialog box.

The modality often causes confusion. If you don't specify a system-modal intType value of 4096,

the user's application will not continue until the user closes the message box. However,

the user can switch to another Windows program by pressing Alt+Tab or using the application's control menu.

If, however, you do specify that the message box is system modal,

the user will not be able to switch to another Windows program until the user responds to the message box because

the message box will have full control of the system. Reserve the system-modal message boxes for serious error

messages that you want the user to read and respond to before continuing the program.

You may make a message box a System Modal message box by adding 4096 to the intType value of the message box.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

sorry, i am a beginner. I did create my "own" MesssageBox with a Gui Form and when i compile my script

i can choose my Icon , so now i have the Icon in the Titlebar of the GuiForm.

I hope all people can understand me, what i mean.

Demando

• Developers

sorry, i am a beginner. I did create my "own" MesssageBox with a Gui Form and when i compile my script

i can choose my Icon , so now i have the Icon in the Titlebar of the GuiForm.

I hope all people can understand me, what i mean.

Demando

I understood you went that way.

Just posted this information because i think the Helpfile is kind of misleading when it states that it "Shows an Icon" ...

It does show a White Icon, but that main purpose of the System Modal MsgBox is not to show an Icon but to indicate a major issue and you forced the User to acknowledge it before anything else can be done on the PC.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I understood you went that way.

Just posted this information because i think the Helpfile is kind of misleading when it states that it "Shows an Icon" ...

It does show a White Icon, but that main purpose of the System Modal MsgBox is not to show an Icon but to indicate a major issue and you forced the User to acknowledge it before anything else can be done on the PC.

i tried to say it in the easy way :lmao:

[font="Verdana"]In work:[list=1][*]InstallIt[*]New version of SpaceWar[/list] [/font]