Antivirus Programm - Problems with au3 to exe files...

memnon

I know and read a lot of threads about the problem with the antivirus programms - is there any solution, that upx.exe will not be the problem @ compiling au3 files ?

i wrote alot of scripts with autoit and now symantec corp. edit. 10 kicks them all off the server *HMPF* !

das beste Windows Support Forum: Windows 2000 Helpline und tschüss den WindowsfehlernProgrammieren: Autoit 3 - wer braucht noch VBS ?!Programmieren: Autoit 3 Forum?

get a better antivirus program ...

well if the problem would only hit my local systems - your suggestion would be no problem - but i have customers outside and there i use my scripts, i cant tell my customers to use other antivirus solutions - would cost a little to much money in 500++ user networks.

what about trying to get the problem within autoit´s compilation technics - is that not the better way, why using upx - perhaps you could disable the compression programm ?!

i dont know, but "get a better antivirus program ... means something like .... if the police got you, get a faster car o_O :lmao:

Edited by memnon

das beste Windows Support Forum: Windows 2000 Helpline und tschüss den WindowsfehlernProgrammieren: Autoit 3 - wer braucht noch VBS ?!Programmieren: Autoit 3 Forum?

Complain to Symantec - you are a developer and they are giving false positives on your distributed code. Threaten them with 'loss of business' legal action if they don't come to the party. Most anti-virus vendors regularly catch 'legitimate' AutoIt code in their net, and once notified of it, promptly remove false positives from their list of nasties - often within 24 hours.

• Moderators

Complain to Symantec - you are a developer and they are giving false positives on your distributed code. Threaten them with 'loss of business' legal action if they don't come to the party. Most anti-virus vendors regularly catch 'legitimate' AutoIt code in their net, and once notified of it, promptly remove false positives from their list of nasties - often within 24 hours.

I totally agree with you (all but the complaining a threatening part). I have been using symantec for several years now and never had a problem. Think about it, if the whole military and the DOD use it, it must be a pretty good program. So if your having problems with it seeing your scripts as viruses then give them a call, a copy and your script, and present it in a professional manor, and they will fix the issue.

Edited by big_daddy