Can You Grab The Text From Netstumbler

If you have netstumber you'll understand, if not, it is a tool used to find wireless access points. But, for somereason, I can't figure out how to grab the text from it, is there a way I could use that stdout command or something, I have no idea.

Thanks Guys

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

The analizer udf doesn't search for test. Is there a different way. maybe guiread for it, but I don;t think you can do that with a gui not created with the script. Any ideas??

Thanks

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Netstumbler can control some wireless cards - automatically setting the ssid to the one it found.

If you have a card that Netstumbler cannot control, you might be able to set your card to a blank ssid and it may associate with the first ssid in range. Warning - feds frown on that in the U.S. of A.

What is it you want to extract?

Have you looked at ControlListView?

edit: from the help file - minor changes

WinActivate("Network Stumbler")
ControlListView("Network Stumbler", "", "SysListView321", "SelectAll")
ControlListView("Network Stumbler", "", "SysListView321", "Deselect", 2, 5)
MsgBox(0, "", ControlListView("Network Stumbler", "", "SysListView321", "GetText", 1, 0) )
MsgBox(0, "", ControlListView("Network Stumbler", "", "SysListView321", "FindItem", "11", 1) )
MsgBox(0, "", ControlListView("Network Stumbler", "", "SysListView321", "GetSelected", 1) )
it can read it

edit2: Netstumbler has legal uses - I've used it to position multiple WAPs in large buildings. [NS will show/graph the ssid/strenght of APs that the card has associated with - even if the ssid is not being broadcast.] I've also used it to track down rouge APs. If those that setup the rouge APs don't know enough to turn off the broadcast of the ssid, then imagine how secure the APs were?

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I am working on having it find all the stats of the APs

if you have Netstumbler try this when it is running

$title = "Network Stumbler"
#include <array.au3>
opt( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 )
$item = ControlListView($title, "", "SysListView321", "GetItemCount")
Dim $itemcontent[1]
$subitem = ControlListView($title, "", "SysListView321", "GetSubItemCount", 0, 5)
Dim $subitemcontent[1]
For $a = 0 To $item
For $b = 0 To $subitem
$i = ControlListView($title, "", "SysListView321", "GetText", $a, $b)
ConsoleWrite($i & @TAB)
Next
Next

Now I just can figure out how to read the tab names (SysHeader321)

MAC, ssid, Name

Any Idea?

Thanks

SCREENSHOT :think: PLEASE LOL

Posted Image

sorry for multi post

How do you grap the columns text: Name, date created, ect

Please help

Well, without actually downloading the program myself.. I'm sure there is a way.

Can you set netstumbler to generate any kind of log file? If that isnt an option, reading certain memory addresses would be. Or there might be a much simpler method. Can you click on an item and copy its contents?

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

How do you grap the columns text: Name, date created, ect

Please help

When you take a screen shot, try Alt-Prnt Scrn and see what it does :-)

I don't know how to read the column headings directly... but why do you need them? Just create them "manually"... hard code them into your script. Are you planning on distributing this script? Do you fear that others might have reordered or hidden some columns? You could use the Pixel functions to "OCR them" - but that is a bit of work.

• Moderators

When you take a screen shot, try Alt-Prnt Scrn and see what it does :-)

I don't know how to read the column headings directly... but why do you need them? Just create them "manually"... hard code them into your script. Are you planning on distributing this script? Do you fear that others might have reordered or hidden some columns? You could use the Pixel functions to "OCR them" - but that is a bit of work.

I'm curious to know if you just right click and choose copy, if it will put that data in the clipboard, then you can write it to a file and parse it. I had to do this recently to a control that was hidden that wouldn't get focus, but the copy worked.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

...if you just right click...

right click where? The code in post 6 works fine (not that you could tell that from post 6) - it grabs all of the data of interest... but now he wants to add column headers. See the screen shot, see the column in the right pane named "MAC"... that is what he wants to copy... the letters "MAC". If you right click on the some column headers, you get the option to hide/show the column.

mouseover MAC =

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

Size: X: 212 Y: 26 W: 546 H: 18

Control ID:

ClassNameNN: SysHeader321

Text:

Style: 0x500000C2

ExStyle: 0x00000000

@zerocool60544,

1) Did you already have the code in post 6 or was it the result of my post #5?

2) Why not hard code the column headers?

Edited by herewasplato

I'm curious to know if you just right click and choose copy, if it will put that data in the clipboard,...

I just realized that I never really answered your curiosity. Nope to the "copy to clipboard" option for the main data... if that is what you suggested?

@zerocool60544,

1) Did you already have the code in post 6 or was it the result of my post #5?

2) Why not hard code the column headers?

I made the code, I wanted it to display the items and i want the headers because if the items change place or if I take a column out I want it to be aligned with the correct items