quick Call() question

Don't worry about it... if you dont know what a plugin function is... then the function you are using is probably not a plugin function...

(I dont know what a plugin function is either)

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

Don't worry about it... if you dont know what a plugin function is... then the function you are using is probably not a plugin function...

(I dont know what a plugin function is either)

well I am using all sort's of includes and fileinstalls and function calling from ini files so I don't know, and I think It would be nice to know befor I start working on something that will not work.

edit: Would plugin functions be modified source code? or something like that, wich would be very similar (if not the same) as an autoit built-in function

Edited by ramadash

well I am using all sort's of includes and fileinstalls and function calling from ini files so I don't know, and I think It would be nice to know befor I start working on something that will not work.

edit: Would plugin functions be modified source code? or something like that, wich would be very similar (if not the same) as an autoit built-in function

AutoIt has a plug-in functionality that lets you extend the platform and write your own functions in C++. It's a neat little feature but hard to find that much on outside he downloadable SDK. I seriously doubt you can use a plugin and not know about it. Call() and Execute() are probably sufficient for most purposes.

AutoIt has a plug-in functionality that lets you extend the platform and write your own functions in C++. It's a neat little feature but hard to find that much on outside he downloadable SDK. I seriously doubt you can use a plugin and not know about it. Call() and Execute() are probably sufficient for most purposes.

thank you thats all I wanted to know :P

Call() and Execute() are probably sufficient for most purposes.

I don't know if you worded this poorly or just don't know any better. However, saying that those two functions are sufficient for "most purposes" is wrong since there are very few purposes where those two functions even need to be used. About 95% of the people using AutoIt should never use those two functions since they are for very niche things.