I need some help, please.

Hi, I'm new here and I have little to no knowledge of code at all, but I need something to help me fix a problem. I play an online text game, and have done for many years now, however the administrator is having problems with cheaters, and thus added auto messages to be sent to players. I find these messages distracting, and irritating when I am simply trying to click, and view chat without interruption. I have asked the administrator to remove them via several emails, however my attempts have been in vain and they have been ignored.

I am looking for some form of script which may run in the background which can remove these messages from my screen. Is there any way that, although the messages are sent to me, they can be hidden? For example:

n62u says: 1707c 28577 (10 Jul 03:43:59)

Similar random messages are continuously spammed to the user, and I'm sick of having to put up with them...so, if there is any way to remove them, I can enjoy my game a little more.

Thank you all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

said game is called Shimlar, www.shimlar.org.

I'm the administrator :) Yes, it's me! Cheer!!! Err. Ok. Well...

Clerity did not post this. Ok? I have my ideas about who did, and I'm not mad about it. I more or less expected it to happen.

On the other hand, the messages are already far more complicated then the one shown here. The purpose is simple. Quite a few people use AutoIt to script. I don't like that. They've added handlers that monitor chat and warn upon pm's.

So I make these pm's all by myself. There is no way to disable them. They only bother cheaters.

Mmm that's about it for now. As I'm sure all people running these scripts (I can identify them) have legal versions (as in bought) of AutoIt, I don't expect anything from them :P

A

Oh it can be 'disabled'...we'll see whether any of these posters are smart enough to figure it out.

Edited by mikehunt114
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]