Search text file... match up with directory...

Okay... I have a database out put into a text file... it has a format like this...

4|Mark519

5|1Tim211

6|Zech91

10|Eph618

11|Lev1316

13|1King141

14|Jer124

15|Zech85

58171|3John2

58172|Phi321

16|Hag21

Member ID on left... password on right.

I need to do a search through that then look in a directory say C:\PDF Files\

Find a folder with the a member ID equal to one in the file then I will need to put that password in a variable so I can use it to encrypt the files within that folder.

Anyone follow here? I think I can use Larry's directory search thing... not sure exactly that it would fit in my situation, but I am going to give it a shot... What I need is how to play with this text output to make it all go together as I described above.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Okay... I have a database out put into a text file... it has a format like this...

Member ID on left... password on right.

I need to do a search through that then look in a directory say C:\PDF Files\

Find a folder with the a member ID equal to one in the file then I will need to put that password in a variable so I can use it to encrypt the files within that folder.

Anyone follow here? I think I can use Larry's directory search thing... not sure exactly that it would fit in my situation, but I am going to give it a shot... What I need is how to play with this text output to make it all go together as I described above.

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I understand, but I don't think folders have memberIDs. Do you mean the owner of a folder? The name of a folder? This does not make sense to me...

*** Matt @ MPCS

I think I understand, but I don't think folders have memberIDs. Do you mean the owner of a folder? The name of a folder? This does not make sense to me...

*** Matt @ MPCS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The folder name is the member ID as normeous figured out somehow :). Now... I dont know where to start...

JS

do use larry's directory program tosearch your pdf directories unless the file names are always the same then use an array to store file names

c:\pdf\14\filetodo.pdf

c:\pdf\24\filetodo.pdf

c:\pdf\12\filetodo.pdf

will the folder be there even if its empty?

c:\pdf\34\

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope there will only be folders with files inside... there may be multiple files for one folder, but that isnt relevant because I know I can do *.pdf to encrypt all the files in that folder...

I just need it to check the text file (which can be an array with StringSplit())

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Using Larry's search is what I plan on doing, but I then need to search through my text file for the same MemberID to match up the password...

Anyone can help?

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links