TCPSend command with large text.

hey there.

i've been trying to use the TCPSend() with a large amount of text [31000+ Chars] and it seems like it's stuck...

-. are there any limits to the TCPSend() command ?!

-. is there a certain way to split the send into multiple sends while using the HTTP1.1 protocol ?

Please help.

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

am i muted Or is it just that no one has any response to any of my threads ?!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

I just don't think there's a definitive answer here as TCP communication is based on many factors on the TX and RX end.

I use TCP Send requests when writing my chat application, and so far, i've been able to send hundreds of lines of text over it to the receiving host. The only limitation that I have is that i'm connecting to an IRC server, which has it's own limits on the amount of data transmitted, at what speed, and how much exists per line lol.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

are there any limits to the TCPSend() command ?!

Not the command itself, but some of the underlaying techlogies as mentioned. I will say I once ran into a bit of a block when I tried too much data with one send command. The limit seemed to be around 128MB for me, but it might be subject to change depending on circumstances.

Not the command itself, but some of the underlaying techlogies as mentioned. I will say I once ran into a bit of a block when I tried too much data with one send command. The limit seemed to be around 128MB for me, but it might be subject to change depending on circumstances.

Did you try to send 128 MB in one TcpSend() :D

That's crazy!

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Oky so now i know the issue is not with me using one send command....

The thing is, i'm trying to send data to a PHP based page using the HTTP1.1 headers trying to POST the data:

Headers:

.- Post method.

.- Content type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

.- Connection: close

The send works great with small amounts of text but with large amounts it seems to barely start the send... it's all stucked for a while and then after it tries to send it stays stuck and nothing happens.... at least until i get an error mentioning that the process has timed out.

Anyone - any idea ?! anything... give me something to try... please !

Oky so now i know the issue is not with me using one send command....

The thing is, i'm trying to send data to a PHP based page using the HTTP1.1 headers trying to POST the data:

Headers:

.- Post method.

.- Content type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

.- Connection: close

The send works great with small amounts of text but with large amounts it seems to barely start the send... it's all stucked for a while and then after it tries to send it stays stuck and nothing happens.... at least until i get an error mentioning that the process has timed out.

Anyone - any idea ?! anything... give me something to try... please !

I think the issue may not be so much the limit in size, but the timeout setting your php script is allowed to use. When you POST large amounts of data to a URI it can take awhile for the script to respond, and if it doesn't it may just fail the attempt and not post the data.

Try increasing your timeout setting; and also, while it's rarely done, there is sometimes a POST limit of 8mb setup for php.

That's about all the information i could dig up tho. I doubt it's an issue with autoit; most likely the PHP side.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

well i have tried it but i don't quite think that is the case... however i did thought of a possible reason as to why does the script gets stuck... maybe it's because i'm trying to send 300K+ chars in one line ?!

--> i've just splitted it to many lines and it seems like it wasn't 30K chars... it's about 300K.... resulting in a file of 304Kb text.

is there a limit for the HTTP1.1 headers line length ?! if so how should i split the text into lines without harming it's integrity ?!