Hidden columns in listview

bobbo85

Can I choose to hide columns in a listview? I would like to use a listview to store data, and display only a few of the columns as kind of a preview.

I am using a listview as a queue - a user fills out a form almost like a "contacts" entry, and the fields are stored in columns. As of now, I have a visible listview, and i have a hidden listview... so when a user "adds" an entry, my script has to add the appropriate info to both listviews. I feel like this is awfully wasteful.

The reason I want to have this, is so a user can see the list they've made so far, and remove entries they want to. Using the contact book example, it's like just seeing the name and phone number in a basic view, vs opening the detailed window for an individual and seeing their alternate contact info, nicknames, notes, etc.

You could set the column width to zero.

#include <GuiListView.au3>

GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, Column#, 0)

Can I choose to hide columns in a listview? I would like to use a listview to store data, and display only a few of the columns as kind of a preview.

I am using a listview as a queue - a user fills out a form almost like a "contacts" entry, and the fields are stored in columns. As of now, I have a visible listview, and i have a hidden listview... so when a user "adds" an entry, my script has to add the appropriate info to both listviews. I feel like this is awfully wasteful.

The reason I want to have this, is so a user can see the list they've made so far, and remove entries they want to. Using the contact book example, it's like just seeing the name and phone number in a basic view, vs opening the detailed window for an individual and seeing their alternate contact info, nicknames, notes, etc.