Unicode with GuiMenu.au3?

jacQues

This week I was writing an application in AutoIt, using all kinds of fancy things. And everything works perfect; AutoIt rocks!

Just one thing is nagging me. The application is multi-lingual and some of them I cannot read. lol Fancy symbols all over the place using UniCode except when using _GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem() and _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu(). I looked at the source in GuiMenu.au3 but cannot find anything to adjust this. In English and most other languages the menu is fine...

The strings passed to _GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem() are the exact same as that are passed to other GUI functions, which are collected from a database and stored in an array. So I know for sure its not the encoding or anything.

So, is this a known issue? Maybe there is already a fix? Or is this a Windows limitation? (I am using XP)

jacQues

The _GUICtrlMenu_AddMenuItem(), has this line, among others:

DllStructCreate("char Text[" & StringLen($sText) + 1 & "]")

...so try changing it to wchar instead, or better, add your own flag to check if to use char or wchar.

Thank you thank you!!

DllStructCreate("wchar Text[" & (2*StringLen($sText)+1) & "]")

Then, instead of "InsertMenuItem" use "InsertMenuItemW" and everything works... W007

jacQues