FileOpen States in loop

khui

Hi, im currently developing a chatclient for me and some of my friends, and ive made a function that will send a file, it all works except one thing.

If i try sending a picture on 200kb, it sends a little at a time right, so i used this code snippet:

Func recv()

Dim $f = -1, $2write
        $Recv = TCPRecv($SocketData[$0],99999999)
        $Recv1 = TCPRecv($SocketData[$nr],99999999)

For $0 = 1 To $maxcon

If StringInStr($Recv,"cmd:") Then
            ToolTip("Nr." & $0 & " : " & $Recv,0,0,"[-ALERT-]")
        EndIf

If StringInStr($Recv,"IP:") Then
        EndIf

Next

If $Recv1 <> "" Then
                If $f = -1 Then 
                    MsgBox(1,"",$f)
                    $f = FileOpen("C:\Temp\recv\IMG.jpg",2)
                    FileWrite($f,$Recv1)
                EndIf
            EndIf
 If $f <> -1 then FileClose($f)
EndFunc

But since i use .jpg",2) on the FileOpen it just replaces the last packet so i get like 1/10 of the image file, the first packets shows me 1/10 of the picture or something like that, the second package just gives me a "Corrupt image file". When i do -jpg",1) then it wont delete the old file and therefore i get an error. Also when doing the

For $0 = 1 To $maxcon

EndIf

EndIf

Next

i get nothing.

Answer ASAP please.

Edited by khui

i > *

Hi, im currently developing a chatclient for me and some of my friends, and ive made a function that will send a file, it all works except one thing.

If i try sending a picture on 200kb, it sends a little at a time right, so i used this code snippet:

Func recv()

Dim $f = -1, $2write
        $Recv = TCPRecv($SocketData[$0],99999999)
        $Recv1 = TCPRecv($SocketData[$nr],99999999)

For $0 = 1 To $maxcon

ToolTip("Nr." & $0 & " : " & $Recv,0,0,"[-alert-]")
        EndIf

EndIf

Next

If $Recv1 <> "" Then
                If $f = -1 Then 
                    MsgBox(1,"",$f)
                    $f = FileOpen("C:\Temp\recv\IMG.jpg",2)
                    FileWrite($f,$Recv1)
                EndIf
            EndIf
 If $f <> -1 then FileClose($f)
EndFunc

But since i use .jpg",2) on the FileOpen it just replaces the last packet so i get like 1/10 of the image file, the first packets shows me 1/10 of the picture or something like that, the second package just gives me a "Corrupt image file". Also when doing the

For $0 = 1 To $maxcon

EndIf

EndIf

Next

i get nothing.

Answer ASAP please.

People answer as soon as they feel they want to if at all. Asking people to answer ASAP is just daft IMO.

Please do no start a new thread to ask the same questions again, you should have waited for replies to your previous thread.

I have already pointed out why you are overwriting the data. Every time you open the file with a flag 2 you remove what was there before, if you send the data in 200k byte packets then does that mean you call the recv function for every packet? If so then you must open the file only once at the start of receiving data and only close it when all the data has been received.

How do you know that the data you recieve as part of the picture does not contain "cmd:" by bad luck?

If your send function is like the one in the other thread then it is faulty as it takes no account of how many bytes were sent, but I assume it is now different.

If your send function is now different then we cannot know if that is causing a problem without seeing it.

We don't know what some of the varaibles are in your script; for example what is $nr in the recv function?

Have a look at some of the many examples and maybe you can use one of them.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

People answer as soon as they feel they want to if at all. Asking people to answer ASAP is just daft IMO.

Please do no start a new thread to ask the same questions again, you should have waited for replies to your previous thread.

I have already pointed out why you are overwriting the data. Every time you open the file with a flag 2 you remove what was there before, if you send the data in 200k byte packets then does that mean you call the recv function for every packet? If so then you must open the file only once at the start of receiving data and only close it when all the data has been received.

How do you know that the data you recieve as part of the picture does not contain "cmd:" by bad luck?

If your send function is like the one in the other thread then it is faulty as it takes no account of how many bytes were sent, but I assume it is now different.

If your send function is now different then we cannot know if that is causing a problem without seeing it.

We don't know what some of the varaibles are in your script; for example what is $nr in the recv function?

Have a look at some of the many examples and maybe you can use one of them.

Yet here was one more question and yet what you pointed out doesnt work... So i thought id make a new thread since i also had another question, seems reasonable.

i > *