Emailing answers

Hi, im new to this forum and im quite new to AutoIt but already my mate has asked me for a favour.

So what I need to do is create a GUI box with aprox 4(+) input boxes. and i want to be emailed the answers, i would prefere not to have any email clients open etc and for the app i/you have created to email me.

thanks!

P.S i do not want the input boxes to require a specific answer therefore i want a user defined answer!

check the GUI functions in help file.. and use KODA form designer to create the GUI for u..

Check outlook functions from the outlook.au3 file (attached) for sending emails..

[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

check the GUI functions in help file.. and use KODA form designer to create the GUI for u..

Check outlook functions from the outlook.au3 file (attached) for sending emails..

Come on dude. What do you think he is doing?

@athiwatc

I really don't understand why u r being so paranoid.. there are moderators in this forum.. Let them decide upon the malicious intent of the posters!! For all you know this guy might have some good intent in his mind and we won't be helping him becoz of some stupid prejudices!! All I have done is shown him the place where he could get answers.. It's the least bit any1 could do on this forum!! Also there are like 100s of ways in which his script can fail if he's planning to use it for what's in ur mind!! So relax..

Edited by Manjish
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

@athiwatc

I really don't understand why u r being so paranoid.. there are moderators in this forum.. Let them decide upon the malicious intent of the posters!! For all you know this guy might have some good intent in his mind and we won't be helping him becoz of some stupid prejudices!! All I have done is shown him the place where he could get answers.. It's the least bit any1 could do on this forum!! Also there are like 100s of ways in which his script can fail if he's planning to use it for what's in ur mind!! So relax..

Maybe you are right, maybe I'm just paranoid.

But if you think like me.

He does not know anything about programming at all even Autoit.

He does not seem to be interested in the topic.

He want us the create it for him.

And the word "email" this is just too.... okay I am paranoid.

@athiwatc

Anybody who's too lazy too work on his own for his script has always been poked in these forums for the right reasons.. Let's not assume a bit too much about anybody.. I am not one to provide anybody with a readymade script unless I see some good effort on his part for this.. And as U can see, as yet I havent either.. Let's see how this progresses..

And yes.. we can continue this discussion on PMs pls..(If u wish too add anything else) This is not the right place fot it..

Hi mate you could try looking at possibly using Blat for the the emailing function and use Koda which is now incorporated into the new version of Autoit.

I would say a few hrs and you would be on your way to progressing and learning.

from your original post it does not seem you want to use for nefarious actions hence helping you out.

this is my very basic example just for freaking out some coworkers etc etc >_< I have excluded some code which may/maynot hinder this working for you

$Computername = EnvGet ("computername")
$SMTPADD="your exchange or mail server"
$SUBJECT= InputBox("Subject", "Input Subject", "", "")
$body= inputbox("Body", "input Body of email", "", "")
$TO= InputBox("Recipient", "Input address to send to", "","")
$f= InputBox( "From", "Input Sender Address", "", "")
;$USERNAME=""
;$PASSWORD=""
$log = "blat.log"
$file = ""

RunWait("blat.exe -server """ & $SMTPADD & """ -s """ & $SUBJECT & """ -body """ & $BODY & """ -t """ & $TO & """ -f """ & $f & """ -log """& $log & """","" , @SW_HIDE)
Exit

;Authentication string if required
;("blat.exe -server """ & $SMTPADD & """ -s """ & $SUBJECT & """ -body """ & $BODY & """ -u """ & $USERNAME & """ -pw """ & $PASSWORD & """ -t """ & $TO & """ -f """ & $f & """ -log """& $log & """","" , @SW_HIDE)

you could further include environment variables in the subject line to include @ComputerName and @UserName if you are in a domain environment

• 4 months later...